Pictured: Oetiker 16700010 Stepless Ear Clamp via Amazon
I use stainless steel Oetiker Stepless clamps for most gas and beer applications. I like the fact that they are… stainless steel, stepless (keep reading) and the fact that they stay tight and will not loosen over time. These clamps are designed so that there are no steps (gaps) on the inside. That reduces the possibility that tubing will be torn or damaged. These are single use clamps. The upside of that is… Oetiker Stepless clamps will not loosen over time. When they’re tight, they’re tight. I really like that for kegerator applications because… A: I don’t like to empty CO2 tanks for no good reason and B: I don’t like standing beer in my kegerator.
A sizing note – Oetiker Stepless clamp sizes generally refer to the largest diameter in mm. So a size 13.3 means that the Oetiker Stepless clamp is 13.3 millimeters (about .52″) in diameter uncrimped.
Some sizes to consider…
- Size 1/2″ (13.3 mm), Oetiker Stepless® Ear Clamps, Single Ear Hose Clamps, 7 Pack Sizes Available (25)
- Size 35/64″ (14.0 mm), Oetiker Stepless® Ear Clamps, Single Ear Hose Clamps, 7 Pack Sizes Available (25)
- Size 3/4″ (19.8 mm), Oetiker Stepless® Ear Clamps, Single Ear Hose Clamps, 7 Pack Sizes Available (25)
I use a pair of nail nippers (meant for cutting heads off nails) but there are also purpose made tools for clamping Oetiker Stepless clamps…
- Oetiker 14100329 Economy Tool-Standard Jaw Pincers
- Oetiker 14100083 Side-Jaw Ear Clamp Pincers (formerly 1099), Plastic-Coated Handles
- Oetiker Clamp Tool – via Keg Connection
Our Top Draft Resources More: Recent Great Deals
More: Recent Great Deals