Dry & Dry” [1 Quart Premium Orange Indicating Silica Gel Desiccant Beads(Industry Standard 2-4 mm) – Rechargeable Silica Gel Beads
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
Color changing, rechargeable silica gel beads. These are similar in function to the beads in the Eva Dry E-500 – Hands on Review. You could place these in your kegerator or fermentation chamber to help control moisture. When they change color follow directions to recharge.
Compared to the amount of beads in something like an Eva Dry 500, I would consider 2 lbs… a lot.
What are Other’s Saying? Search this product’s Amazon reviews for “beer” – may include reviews for other sizes or variations
2/5 11:30 PM Central: This is selling for just $17.99. Shipping is also free to many US addresses with Prime Membership [Try Prime for Free] or a qualifying order. Prices and availability can change quickly. Check product page for current info – More About Prices
Dry & Dry” [1 Quart Premium Orange Indicating Silica Gel Desiccant Beads(Industry Standard 2-4 mm) – Rechargeable Silica Gel Beads(2 LBS) – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
This review is by Homebrew Finds Contributor Brad Probert. Brad is an engineer, expert homebrewer and experienced reviewer. Grab a link to Brad’s website at the end of this review.
Enter Our Giveaway!
Enter to Win a FREE FLOTit 2.0 – Double Filter Floating Dip Tube!
FLOTit Floating Dip Tube
Floating dip tubes are a hot commodity in the homebrewing world lately. Many people are ditching their fixed steel tubes and replacing them with a length of silicone tubing attached to a stainless ball float. If you’ve been living under a rock and don’t know the point of the floating dip tube, it’s pretty simple. It floats on top of your beer so that as you draw out beer, you get clear beer from the top while everything else precipitates out and makes its way to the bottom.
Check Pricing & More Floating Dip Tube Related
It’s a tale as old as time, or maybe not quite as old as time, but still old… your beer has finished fermenting, you excitedly transfer it to a keg and wait patiently. Well, maybe not so patiently. Every day or two you draw some beer to see where it’s at… it tastes amazing but it’s not carbonating. You think you’re just being impatient, but then the days continue to pile up. You’re getting a little carbonation, but not much. Is this beer broken? Or, have the basic principles of fluid dynamics just failed?
First Things First…
You’ve probably already done this, but you need to make sure your system is balanced and that both the temperature and pressure levels are set to correctly
See: Step by Step: Balancing Your Kegerator Draft System
- These are awesome… See: Hands on Review: KOMOS Kegerators!
- Save $100! For a limited time MoreBeer is discounting all KOMOS kegerators by $100 to help you get ready for the “Big Game”.
- No coupon code is required. Discounts reflected on each product page.
- Shipping is also free to most US addresses with a qualifying $59 order. This is a huge savings when it comes to a heavy kegerator.
- Please note that product prices and availability are subject to change.
$100 Off KOMOS Kegerators!
Complete Lineup:KOMOS Kegerators at MoreBeer
Also: Kegerator Tips & Gear | Keg Repair Part #s | Recent Keg Finds
Our Top Draft Resources
MORE MoreBeer Deals!…
Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Check the product page for current price, description and availability.
Vacuum Insulated Growler
- MAINTAINS TEMPERATURE - Double wall construction and vacuum insulated to keep your beverages hot or cold longer
- LONGER LASTING - Made from sturdy stainless steel that is rust and drop resistant. Long-lasting powder coating paint will keep your growler looking great.
- EXTRA LARGE - You won’t run out of delicious beer, hot coffee, or cold water with this 64oz growler.
- INNOVATIVE LID DESIGN - Never lose your lid thanks to its convenient lid string.
- ZERO RISK PURCHASE – We are confident in our high-quality products. Love your growler or contact us so we can make it right. 100% satisfaction guaranteed.
2/4 11 PM Central: These are on sale for just $19. Shipping is also free to many US addresses with Prime Membership [Try Prime for Free] or a qualifying order. Prices and availability can change quickly. Check product page for current info – More About Prices
Stainless Steel Growler – Double Walled 64 oz Water Bottle (Half Gallon) Extra Large – Oversized Vacuum Insulated Wide Mouth Tumbler for Keeping Beer Cold & Carbonated (Black, 64 oz) – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
Valuebrew has announced the availability of bulk EPDM o-rings for homebrewers. EPDM is a favorite of many pro brewers for certain applications. Until now, these have not been available to homebrewers, or at least easily available. EPDM has some real advantages over silicone. One of the big ones is a much lower permeability. That means they seal better and since they’re less porous they are more resistant to absorbing off-smells and off-flavors.
They are FDA Rated for food use and NSF61 certified. As of this posting, post, dip tube, lid and internal QD options are available in 10, 25 and 50 count options. Valuebrew has struggled mightily with availability and they’ve already made some indications of potential issues with new EPDM offerings. In particular, the lid o-ring description says they received a small shipment.
FDA Rated EPDM O-Rings!
Flash Sale: Coupon code epdmflash takes 15% off Valuebrew’s EPDM lineup for a limited time.
More about food safe materials:
For whatever reason, it’s difficult to find food safe keg o-rings. Maybe some of the o-rings that are available are food safe, but very few are actually labeled as such.
The fact is we’re putting beer (food) in our kegs and we should be using food safe materials whenever we can. More Info: Food Safe Replacement Keg O-Rings
Some Options Featured in Our Keg Rebuild Post!
Also: Kegerator Tips & Gear | Keg Repair Part #s | Recent Keg Finds
Our Top Draft Resources
Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Check the product page for current price, description and availability. prod:vb
In order to properly serve a pint of beer from your kegerator you need to have a balanced system. You decide what carbonation level you’d like to serve and what temperature you want your beer to be and set a CO2 pressure based on those two factors. To pour a proper pint, well carbonated without excessive foam, you need to balance your system. Balancing offsets your set CO2 pressure with the proper amount of resistance. Not enough resistance = fast pouring and excessively foamy beers. Too much resistance = beer pours too slowly or not at all. Each component along the way provides some resistance. Typically most of the resistance comes in the form of adding more beer line. More line = more resistance. For a full rundown of this see: Step by Step Balancing Your Kegerator Draft System
What do flow control faucets do?
Flow control faucets feature a built in flow compensator that allows you to adjust the resistance your faucet is exerting. That means less tubing and potentially less foaming and wasted beer. The compensation feature also makes it easier to serve higher carbonation beers as you can set the faucet to provide resistance to offset the increased pressure needed to store and serve these beers at higher pressures. Instead of replacing your beer line with ever increasing lengths of tubing, you simply turn a knob to increase resistance.
In my opinion Intertap and Perlick are top faucet manufacturers and both have a flow control model.
Govee WiFi Thermometer
- Unlimited Remotely Monitor Temperature: With this WiFi meat thermometer, you can remotely keep track of the meat temperature anywhere, anytime. Monitor the food anywhere anytime by a phone, no need to worry about overcooking any more. Note: not support 5G.
- Smart Temperature Alarm: Our bluetooth WiFi meat temperature is equipped with the Govee Home App smart system. When any of your temperatures are outside of your presets, you'll receive an instant notification on the app and on your digital meat thermometer.
- 28 USDA-Meat Preset Temperature: Govee wireless WiFi meat thermometer will provide suggestions based on user needs for foods such as beef, lamb, chicken, pork, turkey, and more, Grill more efficiently, whether you're a beginner or a professional.
- Food Grade Precise Probes: Our smart WiFi meat thermometer features 4 probes with ±1.8°F/1°C accuracy and The measuring range is between 32°- 572°F. 4 probes allowing you to monitor multiple food temperatures.Suitable for smoking, grilling, BBQ, oven.
- Lasts Up to 40H at Full Charge: Our wireless meat thermometer comes with 3000mAh rechargeable battery, about 20-40 uses per charge, make your meat thermometer for oven last longer with our convenient eco-friendly lithium battery.
- Note: The temperature range of this probe is 0°C to 300°C, if the probe is accidentally put into an open flame for a long time to burn or wholly immersed in water, the product will be damaged and cause it to fail to work properly and measure accurately, in this case, please Contact us in time to resolve.
2/4 11 AM Central: This is on sale for $56.99 as an Amazon Lightning Deal. Some items are available in multiple variations, check each for Lightning Deal eligibility and pricing. Lightning Deals are limited time and quantity deals and can change quickly. Check product page for current info – More About Prices
Govee WiFi Meat Thermometer, Wireless Meat Thermometer with 4 Probe, Smart Bluetooth Grill Thermometer with Remote App Notification Alert, Digital Rechargeable BBQ Thermometer for Smoker Oven Kitchen – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
- 🌈【Kitchen Assistant】The glass rinser is an improved kitchen sink accessory that can quickly and efficiently clean your large latte glasses, baby bottles, wine glasses, sports bottles, narrow neck goblets, and cocktail shakers, mason jars, mugs, etc.
- 🌈【 High-Quality Stainless Steel】Our Glasswasher for the sink is made with top-quality 304, durable and rust-resistant. The washer head is also designed for continuous use and will not be stuck after prolong usage.
- 🌈【Easy DIY Projects】Easy DIY Replacement for Soap Dispenser, Kitchen Sprayer, or Sink Hole Cover - The perfect addition to your kitchen faucet. Install our glass rinser yourself in minutes.
- 🌈【Easily Installed】Easily installed in an empty countertop hole, such as those used for soap dispensers and sink sprayers. We're giving you an extra roll of waterproof tape and a grey pad silicone to make it even more affordable.
- 🌈【3 Years Warranty】Please note that we provide 3 years warranty for this product. Within 3 years after receiving the item, if there is any problem with the item (quality, function, etc.), please contact us and we will solve the problem for you within 24 hours. We are confident in quality and functionality. If you are not satisfied, just return it.
Use to clean glasses and just before serving to chill and wet glassware for a better pour.
2/4 9:30 AM Central: This is selling for just $9.99. Shipping is also free to many US addresses with Prime Membership [Try Prime for Free] or a qualifying order. Prices, promotions and availability can change quickly. Check product page for current info – More About Prices
Glass Rinser, Stainless Steel Glass Rinser for Kitchen Sink, Bottle Washer, Kitchen Sink Accessories, Cup Washer for Sink with Metal Base (Brushed Silver) – note that multiple versions or sizes of this fitting may be available, as such a different product may appear at this link
FLOTit 2.0 – No Beer Left Behind Floating Dip Tube with Double Filter Inlet (DFI) of 500/300 micron for always clear beer. Made in USA.
- NO-ARM-IN-KEG - connections are made outside the keg
- NO DRY HOPPING BAG or TUBE needed - The Double Filter 500 & 300 micron mesh keeps the poppet unclogged
- NO BEER WASTE - The Double Filter Inlet of 500 & 300 micron mesh let you enjoy the very first pour instead of dumping it
- NO ADDED WEIGHT is needed to keep it from sucking in foam
- NO BEER LEFT BEHIND - little beer is left on the yeast cake at the end
FLOTit 2.0 – No Beer Left Behind Floating Dip Tube with Double Filter Inlet (DFI) of 500/300 micron for always clear beer. Made in USA – More info via Amazon
Check out our In Depth Hands on Review of FLOTit 2.0
Enter to Win a Free FLOTit 2.0!
Homebrwer Lab giving one lucky Homebrew Finds a Reader a Free FLOTit 2.0. This includes free shipping to addresses in the contiguous US.
Entering the Giveaway:
- Re-Tweet – this tweet – available to public accounts only. See note #4 below.
- Subscribe to Homebrew Finds email newsletter – If you’re an active subscriber… You’re already entered to win by this mechanism! We value our subscribers!
- Like of our Facebook Page – Email Us and let us know you’re a follower. Use the exact subject line “We’re Connected On Facebook!” (with or without quotes) so that we can track your entry. Only entries that have this exact subject line can be counted.
Using these mechanisms you can gain up to three entries in this contest.
Enter the Giveaway!