Pictured: Loose Handle/Bottom Ball Lock Keg via Adventures in Homebrewing
A loose corny keg handle or base can be an annoyance. If your keg is in otherwise good shape, it may make sense to repair a loose handle or base.
This technique comes via Facebook friend Jason Connect with HBF on Facebook]. Thank you Jason!
Jason’s technique for repairing loose handles on Cornelius kegs:
- Use automotive brake cleaner to clean the metal and rubber.
- Scuff both the metal and rubber with an emery cloth.
- Get an appropriate adhesive that works with rubber and metal. Consider: 3M 08008 Black Super Weatherstrip Adhesive via Amazon. HBF Reader Scott says Gorilla Glue also works great for this: “Gorilla Glue works great for reattaching rubber keg parts. It’s an expanding polyurethane so it really gets in there and grabs.” Thanks Scott!
- Reattach the handle using the adhesive. Follow the product specific instructions for application and curing.
- Search Amazon for Gorilla Glue
- Loose handle and/or base kegs can be some of the best deals out there. Search Adventures in Homebrewing, Search Austin Homebrew Supply
- Top Post: Bulk Keg Orings and Keg Repair Part Numbers
- Related Categories: Draft, Kegs, Keg Parts
Other Problems? Fix It!
- Keg Repair Part #s – o-rings, poppets, lids, oversize gaskets for fixing leaky lids and more
- Damp Kegerator? Fix Kegerator Condensation
- Step by Step: Finding and Fixing Keg CO2 Leaks – find and fix CO2 leaks
- Kegerator Foam Problems? – Fight the First Foamy Pint!
- Kegerator Tips & Gear – equipment, reviews and resource posts for putting together your kegerator, upgrading your kegerator and keeping it in top shop
- Recent Keg Finds – dynamically updated list of recent deals
- What’s the Difference Between Ball Lock Kegs and Pin Lock Kegs?
- Home Brew Keg Roundup – New & Used, 5 and 2.5 Gallon & More!
Recent Great Deals [view more]:
- 8 x 250 ml Lab Reagent Bottles – $9.98… $1.25 each + free shipping
- 10 Cornelius Keg Lid O-Rings – ball lock and pin lock homebrew keg gaskets…
- 2 x ULAB Scientific Glass Beaker Set – 1,000 mL + 2,000 mL – $18.99 …
- 35% Off Malt Extract at Label Peelers
- Convert a Pin Lock Keg to a Ball Lock Keg – Ball Lock Posts & Poppets…
- 80 Quart Stainless Steel Kettle + Basket…. $66.99 + free shipping
- Inkbird ITC-308 Dual Stage Digital Temp Controller – $29.74 + free shippin…
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.
toppost:keghandlerepair tag:tpr rp:tips#19