Pictured: Loose Handle/Bottom Ball Lock Keg via Adventures in Homebrewing
A loose corny keg handle or base can be an annoyance. If your keg is in otherwise good shape, it may make sense to repair a loose handle or base.
This technique comes via Facebook friend Jason Connect with HBF on Facebook]. Thank you Jason!
Jason’s technique for repairing loose handles on Cornelius kegs:
- Use automotive brake cleaner to clean the metal and rubber.
- Scuff both the metal and rubber with an emery cloth.
- Get an appropriate adhesive that works with rubber and metal. Consider: 3M 08008 Black Super Weatherstrip Adhesive via Amazon. HBF Reader Scott says Gorilla Glue also works great for this: “Gorilla Glue works great for reattaching rubber keg parts. It’s an expanding polyurethane so it really gets in there and grabs.” Thanks Scott!
- Reattach the handle using the adhesive. Follow the product specific instructions for application and curing.
- Search Amazon for Gorilla Glue
- Loose handle and/or base kegs can be some of the best deals out there. Search Adventures in Homebrewing, Search Austin Homebrew Supply
- Top Post: Bulk Keg Orings and Keg Repair Part Numbers
- Related Categories: Draft, Kegs, Keg Parts
Other Problems? Fix It!
- Keg Repair Part #s – o-rings, poppets, lids, oversize gaskets for fixing leaky lids and more
- Damp Kegerator? Fix Kegerator Condensation
- Step by Step: Finding and Fixing Keg CO2 Leaks – find and fix CO2 leaks
- Kegerator Foam Problems? – Fight the First Foamy Pint!
- Kegerator Tips & Gear – equipment, reviews and resource posts for putting together your kegerator, upgrading your kegerator and keeping it in top shop
- Recent Keg Finds – dynamically updated list of recent deals
- What’s the Difference Between Ball Lock Kegs and Pin Lock Kegs?
- Home Brew Keg Roundup – New & Used, 5 and 2.5 Gallon & More!
Recent Great Deals [view more]:
- The Complete Joy of Homebrewing: Fully Revised and Updated, Kindle Edition by Ch…
- Starts Now! Spike Solo Single Vessel eBIAB System Pre-Sale
- 1,600 Watt Stainless Steel Heating Element – $29.99, Limited Availability
- Pair 150 lb Capacity Rope Pulleys [BIAB] – $10.99, $5.50 each + free prime…
- A Few Left… Tapcooler Counter Pressure Bottle Filler for Forward Sealing F…
- THREE x 16 Oz Chemical Resistant Heavy Duty Bottle & Sprayer by Chemical Gu…
- Last Call, Selection Changes Today: The MoreBeer Kit of the Week – Save 20…
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.
toppost:keghandlerepair tag:tpr rp:tips#19