Kegland Draft Line Cleaning Pump
Kegland’s Draft Line Cleaning Pump is a single hand operated pump that attaches to a tee. The tee takes a hand pump and ball lock carbonation cap which connects to a dip tube. This hardware has some alternate uses that this review will also explore.
One of our 2021 Gift Guide Picks!
In true Kegland style this setup is innovative, packed with some surprising features and well priced. Here’s a hands on look.
This is currently available via via William’s Brewing and MoreBeer – the offerings are slightly different. See the breakdown of different options and separate components toward the end of this review.
Bag o’ stuffThis is what you get with the basic pump. Tee, carbonation cap, pump and dip tube.I installed this on a 2L bottle. You’ll notice the carbonation cap has changed colors. I used one I already had (Kegland brand, just a different color), because I already has a dip tube trimmed to size and installed from a recent update to My Simple Draft Line Flushing Build.I decided to try and clean two draft lines with this pump to really test it. Here’s the key piece of hardware to clean two ball lock lines at the same time. It’s a Ball Lock Jumper from Valuebrew. There are only a couple similar offerings out there, to my knowledge. This one is unique because it uses their custom color, food grade post o-rings AND… it works with both liquid and ball lock jumpers.Here it is installed. This is connecting two 10′ EVABarrier tubing runs.Complete test setup
The plumbing for my test is as follows
- Kegland Ball Lock Cleaning Pump (on left) >
- Ball Lock Line Jumper – 2 ball lock QDs with a short length of EVABarrier tubing >
- Intertap ball lock spout on right faucet >
- 10′ EVABarrier tubing with ball lock QD >
- Ball Lock Jumper Fitting >
- 10′ EVABarrier tubing with ball lock QD >
- Intertap faucet (second from right) >
- 2 Quart collection pitcher
Ball Lock QD Installed on the pump assemblyIt’s a little difficult to see but… it works. With some pumping, I got a slow steady stream of liquid. Keep in mind this is cleaning two 10′ lines at the same time.William’s Brewing has a package that gets you the pump + a large 2.5 liter growler and BLC. They also sell the standalone pump kit. I actually purchased everything separately because I wanted a full case of these growlers.
Use it for.. Portable Serving!
Add on a ball lock faucet and you’ve got a portable serving keg without paying for expensive CO2 cartridges. Before you email me/comment/etc… yes this will cause oxidation, I would not suggest this as a long term solution. Only for the occasion that you and your friends will be able to drink an entire growler in an evening. Oxidation won’t have enough time to become a factor. Use another solution for longer term applications.
Use it for… Mini Pressure Fermenter
Remove the tee, add a 2.5L PET Bottle and a Spunding Valve to convert this into a pressure capable mini fermenter. You could potentially do 2 liter batches. Not ideal, but a great way to play around with pressure fermentation at an unbeatable price. See: Fermenting Under Pressure for more on the topic.
Convert it to a Mini-Keg For Your Kegerator!
Replace the pump with another carbonation cap, use a 2.5 liter bottle and… you have a 2.5 liter keg you can use in your kegerator!
This collection of economical hardware is extremely versatile. As far as a cleaning pump goes, it works well, but, I prefer my own draft line flushing build. That’s very similar but replaces pumping with a quick shot of CO2. That’s less work. Having said that, you get a lot of equipment and capability with this setup. If you’re looking to build my flushing assembly, I suggest buying the Kegland cleaning setup and another carbonation cap. That gives you a ton of flexibility. Line cleaner, mini fermenter, party pump and ball lock mini keg. Overall, this is another win for Kegland, innovative, packed with features and well priced.
via William’s Brewing
Ball Lock Cleaning Kit – includes pump, 2.5L PET Bottle & BLC
2.5 Liter PET Growler Bottles – via William’s Brewing
- Ball Lock Line Cleaning Kit w/ Mini Party Pump KG503
- Carbonation and Line Cleaning Ball Lock Cap – Plastic FE133
- Carbonation Ball Lock Cap Tee Fitting KG501
- Build a Simple Draft Line Flushing Setup
- Spunding Valve – How and Why
- Hands on Review: Kegland 2.5 Liter Growlers
- Using a Keg as a CO2 Source for Portable Serving
- Build a Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning Pump
- Mark II Keg & Carboy Cleaner… As a Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning Pump
- Fermenting Under Pressure
- National Chemical Keg Beer Line Cleaner for Kegerators 32 oz Bottle
- LLC – Liquid Line Cleaner via MoreBeer
- Search Amazon for “Star San”
- Search Amazon for “PBW”
- Kegerator Tips & Gear | Keg Repair Part #s | Recent Keg Finds
Build a Simple Draft Line Flushing Setup
Build a Recirculating Draft Line Cleaner
Rebuild Your Kegs!
More Kegland Gear Reviews!
More Homebrew Finds!
- Last 50 Finds!
- Top Deals – a curated list of the best deals
- Homebrew Reviews – one of the largest libraries of homebrew reviews in existence!
- Our Top Posts – tips, how-tos, resources posts and more
Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Check the product page for current price, description and availability.
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions. review:kldlcp tag:tpr