Thank you to Twitter Follower Josh @beardlywine for this tip! Let’s be Friends! – 8 Ways to Connect
Josh uses carbonator caps to assist with closed transfer racking to kegs. If you look at the photo he shared, he’s putting a small length of tubing on the cap and then feeding that through the airlock grommet hole of his fermenter. This same process could be adapted to work with other styles of fermenters.
- Ferroday Stainless Carbonation Cap Counter Pressure Bottle Filling With 5/16″ Barb – I’ve used this one and I can confirm the one I received worked with both liquid and gas QDs – Hands on Review
- Stainless Carbonation Cap with 5/16″ Barb Ball Lock Type, Fit Most Soft Drink PET Bottles
- UP100 Line Cleaning Cap Stainless Carbonation Cap Counter Pressure Bottle Filling,w/ 5/16″ Barb
- New offerings regularly pop up. Search Amazon for “stainless steel carbonation cap” to see what’s out there.
Although it doesn’t matter a whole lot for this application, I recommend looking for a model that’s compatible with your intended application that works with both gas/grey and liquid/black QDs. This will give you maximum flexibility.
More Uses for Carbonator Caps… Fun with Carbonation Caps!
Check Our Massive Collection of Tips & Tricks
Rebuild Your Keg!
Get a Keg Deal!
More Homebrew Finds!
- Last 50 Finds!
- Top Deals – a curated list of the best deals
- Homebrew Reviews – one of the largest libraries of homebrew reviews in existence!
- Our Top Posts – tips, how-tos, resources posts and more
- Let’s be Friends!
Our Top Draft Resources Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions. tag:lnksfxd rp:carbcapclosedxfer
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions. tag:lnksfxd rp:carbcapclosedxfer