I’m a big fan of the Mark II Keg and Carboy Washer. I use mine for lots of things including… kegs, carboys, Speidel Fermenters, buckets, tubing, draft lines [See: Mark II Keg & Carboy Cleaner… As a Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning Pump] and more. See: Hands on Review: Mark’s Keg and Carboy Washer for a comprehensive look at this great homebrewing tool.
A while back I became aware of this Stainless CIP Spray Ball (1/2″ size) via a reader tip. Thanks to HBF Reader Sam for the original heads up on these and HBF Reader Chris for the idea to use in conjunction with the Mark II Keg and Carboy Cleaner! [8 Ways to Connect with HBF].
Limited Time Deal, Article Continues Below:
- MoreBeer has this on sale for just $79. That’s nearly $22 in savings.
- This is one of the best deals we’ve seen on this great homebrewing tool. As far as MoreBeer deals, this ties a sale we featured back in 2013 and is $5 shy of the only lower price we’ve seen also back in 2013.
- To sweeten the deal, shipping is also free to many US addresses.
- Check the product page, to see if you can still get in on this deal
Keg & Carboy Washer KEG300 at MoreBeer
CIP (Clean in Place) Spray Balls are generally used for vessels that are too large to move. Since they’re too large to move you… clean them in place. If you have a larger setup, you could incorporate these into your system or routine to help clean your vessels more easily.
I gave this a try on my Keg and Carboy Washer and I was really pleased with the results.
This is a heavy well made CIP spray ball assemblyA look at the lower portion It reads 1/2″ and SS304A look at the openings on the spray head. Note that the top portion rotates using liquid pressure.This threads nicely onto the top of the PVC tube on the Mark II Keg and Carboy Washer. Replacing the end cap that contains one spray hole. In the background, My ITC-308 Temp Controller.This fitting makes the total height a little higher compared to the standard tip. Note that, depending on the size opening of your carboy, this may not fit. Look back for an update to this post that has more dimension information so you can determine if this will work with vessel’s with smaller openings. Here’s MoreBeer’s 6 gallon PET Carboy on the cleaner. You can see there’s still plenty of clearance.A picture of the spray ball in action
A video of the spray action
Mark’s Keg & Carboy Washer can be found at:
- MoreBeer – typically $99.99 + Free Shipping to most US addresses
- Adventures in Homebrewing
- Brewer Dude
- Great Fermentations + Flat Rate Shipping
- Keg Connection + Flat Rate Shipping
- Home Brew Supply + Flat Rate Shipping
- William’s Brewing + Flat Rate Shipping
CIP Spray Ball Sources:
- Hands on Review: Mark’s Keg and Carboy Washer
- Mark II Keg & Carboy Cleaner… As a Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning Pump!
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.
More: Our Last Fifty Finds!
This is a Top Post! See: All Top Posts