Dow Corning Multi-Purpose Sealant [Repairing Loose Cornelius Keg Handles and Bases]
Dow Corning 3138356 732 Clear Multi-Purpose Sealant, -60 to 180 Degree C, 90 mLMore Info
- Clear general purpose silicone adhesive/sealant
- One-component adhesive/sealant that is easy to apply
- Non-sag, paste consistency that cures to a tough, flexible rubber
- Acetoxy cure system that cures at room temperature when exposed to moisture in the air
- Adheres to glass, metal, porcelain, ceramic, painted surfaces, non-oily woods, many plastics and rubbers
From HBF: Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions. prod:B00063X38M
A potential application of this sealant is to use it to repair loose homebrew keg handles and bases. A loose corny keg handle or base can be an annoyance. If your keg is in otherwise good shape, it may make sense to repair a loose handle or base.
See: Fix It! Repairing Loose Cornelius Keg Handles and Bases
Dow Corning 3138356 732 Clear Multi-Purpose Sealant, -60 to 180 Degree C, 90 mL – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
Also Consider: 3M Black Super Weatherstrip and Gasket Adhesive, 08008, 5 fl oz – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
Get a Deal on a Loose Handle Keg? Loose handles and bases… can happen on their own. You can also periodically pick these up for sale. Typically, when retailers make these available, they’re one of the better keg deals available. Two places to check for availability – Austin Homebrew Supply and Adventures in Homebrewing
Other Problems? Fix It!
- Keg Repair Part #s – o-rings, poppets, lids, oversize gaskets for fixing leaky lids and more
- Damp Kegerator? Fix Kegerator Condensation
- Step by Step: Finding and Fixing Keg CO2 Leaks – find and fix CO2 leaks
- Kegerator Foam Problems? – Fight the First Foamy Pint!
- Kegerator Tips & Gear – equipment, reviews and resource posts for putting together your kegerator, upgrading your kegerator and keeping it in top shop
- Recent Keg Finds – dynamically updated list of recent deals
- What’s the Difference Between Ball Lock Kegs and Pin Lock Kegs?
- Home Brew Keg Roundup – New & Used, 5 and 2.5 Gallon & More!
Also: Kegerator Tips & Gear | Keg Repair Part #s | Recent Keg Finds
Our Top Draft Resources