DuoTight BlowTie Spunding Valve With GaugeMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
The BlowTie is a diaphragm based adjustable spunding valve used to release pressure from kegs and other pressure vessels. It features a usable range of 5 to 40 PSI, and the diaphragm construction means it has a wider pressure range than spring based spundling valves. This unit can be easily dissassembled for cleaning using a phillips head screw driver.
Instructions: 1. Cut good quality tube (such as EVABarrier 5mm ID x 8mm OD tubing, item Z91) cleanly with tube cutter making sure the end of the tube is a clean cut.
2. Push one end of the tube to the inlet side of the BlowTie (look at the direction of the arrow) and the other end to your pressure vessel that is releasing gas.
3. Use the yellow adjustment knob to control the pressure coming out of the pressure vessel. Clockwise is higher pressure and anticlockwise is lower pressure.
NOTE: If you would like to get a pressure reading so you can see what pressure is in your pressure vessel then we recommend: 1. Purchasing a Duotight Push in Tee (item Z95) and installing this on the inlet tubing side of the BlowTie. 2. Purchasing a 8mm Push in 0-40psi Gauge (item Z97) and pushing this into the Tee Piece. You will also need two C70 1.5″ 8mm Tubing Pieces (optional above).
This valve has a 0-40psi pressure rating
A Spunding Valve allows you to ferment under pressure, naturally and precisely carbonate in the keg, fix over-carbonated beers and lots more. See: Build a Spunding Valve – for loads of information on building and using a Spunding Valve.
- The original BlowTie was awesome. See my Hands on Review of v1 here – Hands on Review: Kegland BlowTie Diaphragm Spunding Valve
- This is a v2 assembly. The big difference between v1 and v2 is the v2 BlowTie has an integrated gauge. That’s a huge improvement.
- As of this posting William’s Brewing has this for just $19.99.
- Shipping is free or reasonably priced flat rate to addresses in the lower 48 states depending on your order size for most items.
- For a short time, William’s Brewing is discounting DuoTight fittings by 15%
- No coupon code is required. Discount reflected at checkout. That makes this just $16.99 at checkout.
Update: This promo has expired or pricing, availability or description has changed – Check the supplier’s site or product page for current availability
Recent Deals! Last Fifty Finds
Get a Freebie
No need to add free item to your cart. Just use the coupon code and they will be automatically added at checkout. Limit one per order.
We’re not currently tracking any freebies
- Review: Hands on Review: DuoTight Fittings & EVABarrier Tubing!
- How-To: Build a DuoTight CO2 Gas Manifold! – for Kegland EVABarrier Tubing
- Review: Hands on Review: Kegland BlowTie Diaphragm Spunding Valve!
Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Check the product page for current price, description and availability.
Visit William’s Brewing – Web Only Clearance Sale