Russian River Brewing Company’s Pliny the Elder has topped Zymurgy Magazine’s Best Beers in America List for a good number of years.
More Beer has has homebrew recipe kits for Pliny the Elder available in both extract and all grain versions. The recipes for these kits came to MoreBeer directly from Vinnie Cilurzo, owner and brewer at Russian River Brewing Company.
Here’s a look at MoreBeer’s All Grain Pliny the Elder and a walk through of brewing and fermenting this great beer.
This was my first full scale brew in the bag batch. I’ve brewed a lot of smaller batches BIAB and I love it. I used More Beer’s 29 x 29 drawstring bag, which fits great in my 10 gallon Blichmann BoilerMaker kettle. All the math worked out, but I was a little on the nervous side seeing just how little space I had left over prior to adding grain.
Whole Cascade Hop Cones in the mash. I love this picture.
I’m not big on superlatives or favorites. I will use both when necessary, but I hesitate. I can’t definitively say that this is the best beer that has ever come out of my home brewery. I can’t remember them all. What I can tell you that this is one of the best beers to have ever graced a fermenter at my house. This beer turned out amazingly well. Loads of hop flavor and aroma. I can highly recommend this beer.
MoreDeals! at MoreBeer:
- The Hop Market – rotating, deep discount hops!
- MoreBeer’s Kit of the Week: Kit of the Week – 20% off
Recent More Beer [view more]:
- 5.3 Gallon Speidel Fermenter – $40.99, Best Price, Limited Availability + …
- The MoreBeer Kit of the Week – Save 20% – selection changes soon
- 1 lb Centennial – $17.99/lb – via MoreBeer’s Deep Discount Hop…
- The Hop Market – Selection Changes Soon
- MoreBeer’s Most Popular Sale and Clearance Deals + Deal of the Day, KOTW &…
- MaltMuncher THREE Roller Grain Mill – $149.99, Save $30 + Free Shipping
- Tri-Clamp Fitting Sale at MoreBeer
This is a Top Post! See: All Top Posts