After mentioning my use of similar portion cups in my Brew Day Box, I received a Reader Tip pointing me to this pack of 12 stainless steel portion cups. So… I picked a set up to give you a closer look at them.
You can use these to portion out hop additions and other boil additions and for pH and gravity sample containers. These are a great size and don’t take a lot of room since they nest together.
The stated capacity on these cups is 2 1/2 ounces. I used my Top Find – Fast Weigh MS-500-BLK Gram Scale – review to weigh the container and subtract that weight using the tare feature. Then I filled the container to the brim with water. The weight of that water came out to 60.3 grams. That translates to 2.039 ounces. From what I can gather, the size on these is overstated by a little bit in the product description. They are still a very usable size.
These reusable cups are handy for portioning out hops [See: 5 Recent Hop Finds] and other ingredients and boil additions on brew day. You can also collect refractometer and pH samples. Since these stack they are space efficient and easy to store.
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- 2 Pack 17″ Long Bottle Brush – $7.99 on Black Friday Deals
- Amazon’s Black Friday Deals Week is On! – submit a tip
- Heat Resistant Glove, Medium [Minding Yeast Starters & Brew Day] – $6…
- OXO SteeL Die-Cast Bottle Opener – $8.49, Best Price
- 6 Universal Poppets [Ball & Pin Lock Kegs] – $8.99, $1.50 Each + Tip …