Reader Tip… FOUR x Carbonation Caps for PET Bottles – works on gas AND liquid posts + Fun With Carbonation Caps!
Thanks to HBF Reader happylilyeastbrewery for this tip! Let’s be friends! 8 Ways to Connect with HBF
MRbrew Plastic Carbonation Cap, 4 PCS Ball Lock Keg Post 5/16” Beer Line Nipple Barb Homebrew Kegging Soft Soda Drink PET Bottles Counter Pressure Bottle Filling Cap with Spare Sealing Gasket O-ringsMore Info
- Withstand 60-PSI Carbonation Pressure, Complete No Leaking Sealing O-Ring Design and Huge Upgrade From Old Plastic Version: MRbrew carbonation cap comes with necessary brewing sealing o-rings and washer replacemets to prevent leaks, there is a big flat gasket inside this carbonation cap compared to the old version plastic bottle filling cap, can run your carbonator at 60 psi pressure and hold pressure overnight, beer will not go flat, make a airtight seal and good fit for force carbonation.
- Sealing Gasket is Not Easy to Fall Out and Include 5/16 Barb Fitting Spare O-ring: the inside rubber sealing gasket features a right size for being placed tightly inside carbonating cap, which will stay in on its own when unscrewing off bottle filling cap, also provide 5/16'' beer nipple barb sealing o-ring replacements even such o-ring is screwed inside getting well protected. unlike other polished finish carbonation caps, you can grip this plastic carbonation cap easily when removing.
- Unique Carbonation Cap Keg Post is Perfect for Ball Lock System and Removable Beer Barb: carbonation cap features a unique keg post that has versatility and ease of use, can connect to both gas and liquid disconnects easily, beer 5/16'' hose barb not only enables carbonation cap to carbonate, but to be used for liquid connections and for cleaning as well. made of healthy plastic, no odors, no burrs or unfinished machining anywhere, will not bring strange smell to the carbonation drinks.
- Screws onto Standard 2L Soda Bottles Very Securely: this soda drink bottle filling cap features a great accuracy 1-1/8-8UN female thread that can be comparable to the thread of stainless carbonation cap, merge with the plastic PET bottle threads very smoothly, seals the bottles well without needing much torque, screws on and off of bottles easily creating a perfect tight seal every time, excellent tool if you are making homebrewing and kegging.
- Perfect for Various Brewing Occasions and Reduce CO2 Loss when Do Brewing Cleaning: carbonation cap is a cool way to re-carbonate beverage quickly, no foaming, great alternative for growlers, allows you to serve portable home brew beer, soda water, iced tea on barbecue, beach, lake or holiday parties, other outdoor activities, brings big convenience to mobile kegging. also can run the cleaner through beer lines from a small soda bottle preventing a larger keg from wasting more co2.
From HBF: Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.
- PET Bottles as Growlers: These are generally intended to convert 1L and 2L bottles to growlers. Fill up a 1L or 2L PET bottle with your favorite homebrew. Put one of these on (purge the headspace by squeezing if you want to) and then pressurize for transport. This should help to reduce oxygen pickup and maintain carbonation levels.
- Fine tune or rapidly carbonate beer: You can also use this cap to rapidly carbonate beer. Same process as for transport, just set your regulator to the proper pressure and shake or agitate the PET bottle to help introduce CO2. Or hook it up to CO2 and let it sit in you kegerator.
- Draft Line Cleaning Projects: I have developed three draft line cleaning projects using similar SS Caps – Build A Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning Pump | Mark II Keg and Carboy Cleaner Draft Line Cleaning Pump Conversion | Building a Simple Ball Lock Draft Line Flushing Setup
- Related Top Post: Fun with Carbonation Caps!
Some carbonation cap models are universal fit and some work only with gas posts. For draft line cleaning projects to work well, at least in my opinion, the carb cap that’s used needs to be universal. As of this posting, the product page says this works with both liquid and ball lock posts. Check the product description for current specs.
MRbrew Plastic Carbonation Cap, 4 PCS Ball Lock Keg Post 5/16” Beer Line Nipple Barb Homebrew Kegging Soft Soda Drink PET Bottles Counter Pressure Bottle Filling Cap with Spare Sealing Gasket O-rings – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
Also: [3 PCS] MRbrew Plastic Carbonation Cap Tee Adapter, Allow Gas In and Beer Out Simultaneously, Homebrew Kegging Soda Beer PET Bottles Ball Lock Type Counter Pressure Bottle Filling Cap 3-Way Connector – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
Our Line Cleaning Builds:
- Build A Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning Pump
- Mark II Keg and Carboy Cleaner Draft Line Cleaning Pump Conversion
- Building a Simple Ball Lock Draft Line Flushing Setup
Stainless Steel Ball Lock Jumper with Food Grade Silicone O-Rings: Allows you to connect multiple ball lock runs to clean multiple lines and taps at the same time. Works with both liquid and gas QDs. Stainless Steel Ball Lock Jumper – via Valuebrew – An easy add-on… food grade o-rings, featured in our Keg Rebuild Post