Dual Scale RefractometerMore Info
- 【2 Scales】0-32%Brix; SG Wort1.000-1.120.The Brix Scale measures the sugar content of fruits, juices and beverages; and the SG Wort scale measures the specific gravity of wort in beer brewing
- 【Clear Scale】A clear dial can be seen through the eyepiece，easy to read
- 【With ATC】With automatic temperature compensation, thus reducing the error；
- 【Rubber Grip】Rubber handle, non-slip and durable
- 【Easy to carry】The portable canvas package is used to protect the instrument from damage
- 【Easy to use】Step 1:Open daylight plate, make sure no dust on the main prism, and place 2-3 drops of distilled water on the main prism. Close the daylight plate so the water spreads across the entire surface of the prism without air bubbles or dry spots. Allow the sample to remain on the prism for approximately 30 seconds before going to step 2. (This allows the sample to adjust to the ambient temperature of the refractometer)
- Step 2: Aim the front end of the refractometer to the direction of light and look into the eyepiece. You will see a circular field with graduations down the center (you may have to twist the focus adjustment to see the graduation clearly). The upper portion of the field should be blue, while the lower portion should be white.
- Step 3: Look into the eyepiece and turn the Calibration screw by using a screwdriver until the boundary between the upper blue field and the lower white field meet exactly on the zero scale, such as shown in the image. This is the end of the calibration process.
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
With the aid of calculators – get a Free Non-Expiring Brewfather Trial Account – Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process.
9/28 1 PM Central: This is selling for just $9.99. Shipping is also free to many US addresses with Prime Membership [Try Prime for Free] or a qualifying order. Prices and availability can change quickly. Check product page for current info – More About Prices
Dual Scale Beer Refractometer with ATC 0-32% Brix Fruit Juice Drink Wine Suger Test Beer Wort Specific Gravity 1.000-1.120 Hydrometer in Beer Brewing – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link