Molded Carbonation & Cleaning Cap via William’s BrewingMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
This molded male ball lock valve coupling cap that fits a 2 liter or smaller plastic soda bottle with a 28mm screw cap lid. This allows the 2 liter bottle to be charged with C02 from any female ball lock gas fitting (like our item D32 or D03 Gas Connector), carbonating the cold beverage in the bottle. Great for serving draft beer away from the keg. Also fits the Brewzilla in and out ports on the lid, and the Brewzilla Collection Jar ports for pressurizing the Brewzilla fermenter. The hose barb on the bottom is also compatible with our DuoTight fitting Z84 and C55 which lets you easily attach a ball lock fitting to an EvaBarrier 8mm or 9mm outer diameter line.
This has a hybrid ball lock post that will accept beer and gas lines.
IMPORTANT SAFETY WARNING: FOR USE ON PLASTIC SODA BOTTLES AND BREWZILLA ONLY, NEVER USE ON GLASS BOTTLES
What are these used for?
- PET Bottles as Growlers: These are generally intended to convert 1L and 2L bottles to growlers. Fill up a 1L or 2L PET bottle with your favorite homebrew. Put one of these on (purge the headspace by squeezing if you want to) and then pressurize for transport. This should help to reduce oxygen pickup and maintain carbonation levels.
- Fine tune or rapidly carbonate beer: You can also use this cap to rapidly carbonate beer. Same process as for transport, just set your regulator to the proper pressure and shake or agitate the PET bottle to help introduce CO2. Or hook it up to CO2 and let it sit in you kegerator.
- Flushing Carboys, Fermenters and Kegs – As a piece of tubing the barb, hook to your CO2 line and use this to flush receiving vessels with CO2 to reduce O2 pickup.
- Draft Line Cleaning Projects: I have developed two draft line cleaning projects using similar (but different) caps – Build A Recirculating Draft Line Cleaning Pump | Mark II Keg and Carboy Cleaner Draft Line Cleaning Pump Conversion | My Simple Draft Line Flushing Buil
Related Reviews: Hands on Review: Kegland 2.5 Liter Growlers | Hands on Review: Kegland Ball Lock Cleaning Kit &… Party Pump | You can use these with DuoTight Fittings if you’d like. DuoTights are awesome! Hands on Review
A great deal!
- William’s Brewing has a large clearance sale going on. Shipping is generally free or reasonably priced flat rate to addresses in the contiguous US depending on your order size for most items.
- These are marked down to just $3.99.
- Shipping is free or reasonably priced flat rate to addresses in the lower 48 states depending on your order size for most items.
Related: Use it as Part of a Simple Ball Lock Draft Line Flushing Setup
Related: DuoTight Review!
- Review: Hands on Review: DuoTight Fittings & EVABarrier Tubing!
- How-To: Build a DuoTight CO2 Gas Manifold! – for Kegland EVABarrier Tubing
- Review: Hands on Review: Kegland BlowTie Diaphragm Spunding Valve!
Visit William’s Brewing – Web Only Clearance Sale
Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Check the product page for current price, description and availability. rp:wmsklcc