For whatever reason, it’s difficult to find food safe keg o-rings. Maybe some of the o-rings that are available are food safe, but very few are actually labeled as such.
The fact is we’re putting beer (food) in our kegs and we should be using food safe materials whenever we can. More Info: Food Safe Replacement Keg O-Rings
PIN LOCK Post O-Rings!
Pin Lock users are regularly left out when it comes to parts and accessories. Point in case… I am aware of very few offerings for pin lock post o-rings. Most shops sell the same o-ring for both ball and pin lock posts. Pin lock post o-rings are larger than ball lock post o-rings.
I am aware of 0 offerings for bulk pin lock post o-rings. I’ve already shared how difficult it is to buy food grade replacements, so, you can probably guess how many food grade pin lock post offerings I’m aware of, yep 0.
“Pin Lockers Rejoice! We’re excited to announce we have sourced Pin Lock Post O-Rings made from FDA Silicone! You can finally buy Pin Lock specific o-rings in food safe materials… in bulk quantities.”
- All count options are on sale. Prices range from $4.99 to $10.99 depending on quantity
- As of this posting they are running a shipping special. Your choice of 2 or 3 packs ship for the same shipping cost as a single pack.
- Applies to 10 and 25 count options.
- Mix and match – Choose from – ball or pin lock post, dip tube, internal QD and universal poppet
- Valid for US addresses.
- Check site for current selection, price and availability.
Pin Lock O-Rings vs Ball Lock O-Rings… they’re different
Pin Lock Post O-Ring on Left, Ball Lock Post O-Ring on Right
Our Top Draft Resources Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.