Like many of you, I use a chest freezer for chilling and serving kegs. The big downside I’ve experienced is with that is… condensation. Not just beads of water on the sides, I had pooling water in the bottom. Not a good thing. This varies by how often I’m in it and the weather, but the fact is, a chest freezer just isn’t designed to deal with condensation like a refrigerator is.
Enter the Eva-Dry EDV-500. The Eva Dry contains a desiccant material that absorbs moisture. As this material absorbs moisture it also changes color. Dark blue means it’s dry and pink means it’s becoming saturated. The great thing about the Eva-Dry is that the desiccant material is reusable. The unit contains a built in heater that drives off built up moisture. When it becomes saturated, plug it in overnight and it’s ready to go again the next day. Mine usually lasts a couple months before needing to be regenerated.
I’ve also started using on of these to handle condensation in my fermentation deep freeze.
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- 50′ Premium Quality, NSF Certified Drinking Water Hose – now $18.95,…
- Etekcity 11lb/5kg Digital Scale w/Stainless Platform – $8.99 w/Instant Cou…
- 25 mm x 8 mm Stir Bar – $3.32 + Free Add On Shipping
- Nite Ize Stainless Carabiner Style Bottle Opener – $2.69
- 100 Ft – 3/16″ ID Tubing – $11.84 + Free Prime Ship