ZChiller – Spiral Star Design Counterflow Wort Chillers – Made in the US – $149.99 on clearance, half off
ZChillers are made in the US by Packless Industries located in Waco, Texas.
ZChillers are double tube counter flow wort chillers. The interior tubing is a Spiral Star Design. This spiraling increases the surface area of copper that’s in contact with your wort. It also increases turbulence. More movement across more surface area means your wort chills quickly.
from AIH: “The ZChiller utilizes the enhanced thermal gradients of a counterflow wort chiller with the added benefit of greater surface area for heat transfer. Instead of a simple, cylindrical inner tube, the ZChiller utilizes a unique, convoluted â€œspiral starâ€ design that enables superior heat transfer out of the wort as well as unparalleled cooling uniformity for consistent cold breaks and record cooling times. The chilling ability matches or exceeds that of plate chillers without the downside of disruptive clogs.”
These advantages result in:
- Reduced chilling time.
- More efficient cold break to remove unwanted proteins and particulates from your beer.
- Cleaner aroma profile because of decrease in DMS production, giving you a more pronounced aroma that you have worked so hard for.
- Easier cleaning, especially when compared to a plate chiller.
- AIH has a massive clearance sale going on.
- This is included in the mix and marked down a whopping 50% to $149.99.
- No coupon code is required, but quantities may be limited. Check the product page to see if you can still get in on this.
Large ZChiller via Adventures in Homebrewing
More: Recent AIH Finds
Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Check the product page for current price, description and availability. prod:zchillers