Digital RefractometerMore Info
- The measurement of refractive index is simple and quick and provides the user an accepted method for sugar content analysis. Samples are measured after a simple calibration with steam distilled water. Within seconds the instrument measures the refractive index of the brix. This digital refractometer eliminates the uncertainty associated with mechanical refractometer and is easily portable for measurements in the field
- It is easy to use with simple three button operation and fast with a response time under 3 seconds. Easy to clean, stainless steel sample well with unit rated to IP65 as "dust tight" and protected against water jets. Ideal for winemakers, brewers, fruit and vegetable growers, maple syrup producers, and food producers.
- This handheld refractometer is small, light and simple to use as optical refractometer, but with the precision of a digital readout. They read samples as small as 0.3 ml. Sample temperature is initially displayed on the TFT screen followed by the measurement results. They have easy-to-read LCD that eliminates the possibility of interpretation errors.
- SM20 digital brix refractometer is commonly used in the food and beverage, agriculture and wine industries. Fruit farmers will use a refractometer to check the sugar content of fruit on the vine to determine the best time for harvesting. SM20 brix refractometer is an ideal measurement instrument for the food and beverage industry.
- The meter provides automatic calibration, automatic temperature compensation (ATC) and automatic shutoff (after 3 minutes). A sturdy water resistant case protects the electronics from wet environments and makes for easy clean ups. It features one button calibration to distilled water and indicate when the battery should be replaced
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
With the aid of calculators – get a Free Non-Expiring Brewfather Trial Account – Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process.
2/8 6:30 AM Central: This is selling for just $39.99. That’s the best historical third party Amazon price I found, notwithstanding Lightning Deals or coupons. Shipping is also free to many US addresses. Prices and availability can change quickly. Check product page for current info – More About Prices
Digital Brix Refractometer, ACEGMET Automatic Temperature Compensation Brix Refractometer Range 0-53%, ±2 PSU Accuracy, 1 PSU Resolution Brix Meter – affiliate link, note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
This post contains affiliate links. We may make a commission when you use our Amazon links. This will never cost you extra. Thank you for supporting Homebrew Finds!