KitchenTour Digital Kitchen Scale – 500g/0.01g High Accuracy Precision Multifunction Food Meat Scale Jewelry Lab Carat Powder Scale with Back-Lit LCD Display(Batteries Included)More Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- #PRECISE MEASUREMENT&WIDE RANGE# – KitchenTour EG5001 defines the latest in precision weighing technology with a weight capacity from 0.05g – 500g to help you measure jewelry, medicine, and cooking ingredients with refined accuracy.
- #MULTI-FUNCTIONAL LAB/KITCHEN SCALE# – The PCS function enables small identical items counting such as pins, beads, screws. Precision Tare button calculates the net weight of ingredients by automatically subtracting the weight of container. Calculate in g, oz, ct, dwt, ozt, gn and convert between units instantly with pressing M button without having to re-measure. It also features auto-off, low battery power, overload, and uneven surface placement indicator functions.
- #SUPERIOR QUALITY MATERIAL# – The KitchenTour E5001 Digital Pocket Scale is crafted to be sturdy, accurate, safe, and user-friendly. Constructed with a high-quality stainless steel platform and ABS plastic frame, this digital kitchen scale is durable and easy to clean and maintenance.
- #LIGHTWEIGHT & COMPACT DESIGN# – The sleek aesthetic complements any kitchen decor, cleans quickly and stores easily. The touch activated keys also make for an elegant and clean design. With the back-lit reverse LCD display, weighing is quick and easy.
- #A GREAT ADDITION FOR ANYONE WHO WEIGHS INGREDIENTS WHILE COOKING# – Comes with two trays (13cm, 10cm), which can be used as protectors or scale trays. Meet your demand of measuring different things. It’s the perfect gift for cooking enthusiasts who value a combination of precision and style.
Tare Function: Tare allows you to subtract the weight of the container you’re using to get a true weight of the contents. Add your empty container to the scale and press the tare button. This zeros out the scale. Now add the thing you’re weighing and the scale displays just the weight of the contents of your container. In my opinion the tare function is essential for any good homebrewing scale.
Given the specs of this scale, it should work for weighing hops, water salts, smaller amounts of specialty grains (500 grams is about 17.6 ounces or just over a pound) and other brewing ingredients.
8/20/19 6 AM Central: This has dropped to $10.99. That’s the best historical third party Amazon price I found, notwithstanding Lightning Deals or coupons. Shipping is also free to many US addresses with Prime Membership [Try Prime for Free] or a qualifying order. Prices, shipping and availability can change quickly. Please note that product prices and availability are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this post was published; however, they may differ from those you see when you visit Amazon. Check the product page for current price, description and availability. Also: Recent Amazon Finds and Amazon Fillers Resource Page
A smaller scale can work for all grain brewers, as you can weigh any amount of grain in multiple batches, but if you’re a large batch all grain brewer or regularly brew all grain batches with larger grain bills you may want to consider a two scale approach, one more precise scale for hops and a larger capacity scale for larger grain bills. A couple scales to consider:
- Hands On Review: American Weigh 100g x 0.01g Digital Scale
- Hands On Review: Ultraship 55 lb Digital Scale [Grain] With Removable Face
More: Recent Amazon Finds