Kegland BlowTie Diaphragm Spunding Valve – Adjustable Pressure Relief Gauge BallMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
These are purpose built high quality valves KegLand. Not just hardware store pieces like the competitors.
The BlowTie Spunding Valve is used to release excess pressure on a pressurized fermenter or from a keg while doing pressure transfers. Thanks to the large surface area of the diaphragm, this style spunding valve is much more accurate than the poppet style. 8 mm Duotight fittings at both inlet and outlet make this unit perfect for use with EVABarrier 8 mm OD tubing. The blow off pressure can be set by either pairing the BlowTie with the included Push-In Pressure Gauge, or by attaching it to an empty keg that has been pressurized to the desired psi.
Made from food grade acetal
Easily disassembles for cleaning
8mm (5/16″) Duotight fittings at both ends
0-40 psi pressure rating
Two functions in one great piece of hardware!
The Ball Lock QD Adjustable Pressure Valve W/Gauge can also be used to relieve pressure while filtering from one keg to another. At the same time it gives you the ability to read the pressure in the receiving keg. And Ferment under desired pressure!
If you prefer it sent with a Pin Lock type quick disconnect instead of the ball lock, please leave a note to seller at checkout, otherwise we will ship with ball lock type.
Spunding Valve Applications
- Pressurized fermentation. Ferment in a 5 or 10 gallon corny keg and use your Spunding Valve instead of an airlock. This allows you to ferment at your desired pressure.
- Dry hop under pressure. This allows you to dry hop earlier while reducing oxygenation. Active yeast are more likely to metabolize oxygen that’s introduced during dry hopping during active fermentation. Since CO2 is not exiting beer as vigorously under pressure, wanted compounds, flavors and aromas are more likely to stay in your beer under pressure.
- Naturally and accurately carbonate beer right in the keg.
- An airlock replacement. Keep the valve wide open for non-pressurized fermentations. Only do this if you have plenty of head space. This wouldn’t make a great blow off tube.
- Keg to keg transfers. Use the Spunding Valve to allow excess gas to exit the receiving keg as you transfer under pressure. Helps you achieve a slow, controlled and pressurized transfer.
- Fix over-carbonated beers. Use the same general process as for carbonation (skipping the addition of fermentable sugar). Use a carbonation chart to determine proper pressure for the temperature the keg is at. The Spunding Valve allows excess pressure to vent until the new carbonation level is achieved. You can agitate the keg to fix carbonation more quickly.
- Test for keg leaks. Pressurize your keg to serving pressure. Put the Spunding Valve on (with the pressure set well above your serving PSI) and note the reading. The gauge should remain steady. If pressure drops, you know you have a keg leak. It’s worth noting that this checks the entire keg including gas body o-ring. That spot is hard to check and other way as it’s only in function when the gas QD is on. When the gas QD is on… it’s difficult to spray and check for bubbles underneath the gas QD. Thanks to Scott Janish for this tip!
- As an airlock for long term aging of beers. Airlocks can run dry over time. A Spunding Valve will not.
Lots more about Spunding Valves on our Spunding Valve Build Resource Post
As if this posting, this is eBay offering is selling for just $27.99. Shipping is also free to many US addresses. Prices, shipping and availability can change quickly. Please note that product prices and availability are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this this post was published; however, they may differ from those you see when you visit the product page. Check the product page for current price, description and availability.
Check out my Hands on Review of this great assembly! Hands on Review: Kegland BlowTie Diaphragm Spunding Valve!
Stacking Promo: As of this posting, Lion Brewing Solutions is giving you $5 off any $50 order when you like their Facebook page, while you’re at it… connect with HBF on Facebook. Just like the page and enter a note at checkout saying “I liked your Facebook page, I’ll take my $5 off $50” along with your name on Facebook. Lion Brewing Solutions will confirm you like their page and refund you $5 from your $50+ purchase. Limited to one use per Facebook account. It’s worth noting that this applies to everything. Even items and lines that are not typically discounted.
$5 Off $50 at Lion Brewing Solutions – with FB like
More: Recent Great Deals