Better Bottle Carboy – 5 gal.FE317 via MoreBeerMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
Better Bottle is a name known in the home beer and winemaking for their quality products. Plastic PET carboy fermenters are much safer than glass carboys; not only because they weigh less, but they will also not explode into shrapnel if dropped! These are made from Virgin PET and manufactured in such a way that the molecules are tightly packed, and less susceptible to oxygen transfer, resulting in better wine and beer!
Aside from it’s advantages over glass carboy fermentors, the Better Bottle is relatively impermeable to oxygen. This means that for your wine’s or beer destined for aging, this is a perfect choice for an aging vessel! When using the Better Bottle and it’s accessories, the transfer rate of oxygen is lower than that suggested for Micro-oxygenation, and insignificant when compared to the amount of oxygen transferred through other bottles and their stoppers.
- Uses a #10 stopper or a 5 Gallon Carboy Hood w/ white caps.
- Weight: 1.5 lbs
- Temperature Tolerance: 140° F
- Height: 19.5 inches
- Diameter: 10.5 inches
- Completely taste and odor free
- This has been out of stock for a long time. I want to say… years. If you’re a Better Bottle fan and you’ve been wanting to grab more… here’s a chance.
- Get Free Shipping: This ships for free with a qualify order as part of MoreBeer’s Free Shipping Program. Under that promo most orders over $59 ship for free.