Limited Time Deal, Article Continues Below:
- As of this posting the 7 lb Barley Crusher is on sale for $134.99. That’s a $25 savings.
- Apply coupon code milldeal and the price drops another $15 to $119.99. That’s a $40 savings with the stacking deals.
- This matches Valuebrew’s Black Friday deal on this great mill.
- Compare at MoreBeer
- The $15 off coupon also works on the larger 15 lb version.
- Shipping is also free to addresses in the contiguous 48 states.
- Check product page to see if this deal is still available.
The Barley Crusher MaltMill – remember promo code milldeal
The Barley Crusher MaltMill – 15 lb Hopper – remember promo code milldeal
Is Buying a Grain Mill Worth It?
If you’re an all grain homebrewer, should you buy a mill?….
Benefits of Milling Your Own Grain
- Control Crush: Milling your own grain gives you control over the crush of your grain. That’s a big factor in efficiency. Many homebrew shops tend to under-mill grain to protect against stuck mashes. I’ve seen pre-milled grain wildly-undermilled. See this review for a side by side example.
- Fine Tune Your Process, Improve Repeatability: A mill allows you to fine tune for your equipment and process. You know what the crush is going to be since you set it.
- Save Money: A mill allows you to save money by buying whole bags of grain at a discount.
- Fresher, Better Tasting Beer: The shelf life of unmilled grain is longer than pre-milled grain. Freshly milled grain = better tasting beer.
Store Milled Grain (left) vs crushing my own grain using optimal using “optimal” setting (right) on a certain mill. See: Hands On Review: Captain Crush, Adjustable Three Roller Grain Mill for more details
Should You Mill Your Own Grain?
If you’re an all grain brewer, I would encourage you to strongly consider getting a mill and taking control of crush in your brewing process.
- The Barley Crusher MaltMill – via Valuebrew – Hands on Review
- The Barley Crusher MaltMill – 15 lb Hopper – via Valuebrew – Hands on Review
- Barley Crusher & Cereal Killer Motor Kit – via Valuebrew
- Cereal Killer Grain Mill – Hands On Review
- Mighty Mills at MoreBeer
- Monster Mills – Hands on Review
- MaltMuncher Mills and Motors from William’s Brewing
- MaltMuncher Mills and Motors from MoreBeer
- The Barley Crusher Grain and Malt Mill
- The Evill Twin Grain and Malt Mill
- Ss Brewtech Grain Mill
- Crop Duster Grain Mill
- Our Lineup of Grain Mill Reviews
- There are new offerings all the time – search Amazon for “homebrew grain mill” to shop around and see what may be available
Motorizing Your Mill!
- Motor Kit Barley Crusher – works with both Barley Crusher and Cereal Killer Mills
- MaltMuncher Mills and Motors at William’s Brewing – MaltMuncher Motorization kits work with lots of drill makes and models
- Malt Muncher Grain Mill – High Torque Motor MILL702 via MoreBeer
- Monster Brewing Hardware – Grain Mill Gear Motor
Bulk Grain Storage Options
What’s YOUR Favorite Homebrew Mill?
Leave a comment below and let us know!
Get a Deal on Bulk Grain
A Deal on All Grain Kits
Adventures in Homebrewing discounts seasonal homebrew beer recipe kits by 20%. Selections include both all grain and extract options.
Everything All Grain!
More Homebrew Finds!
- Last 50 Finds!
- Top Deals – a curated list of the best deals
- Homebrew Reviews – one of the largest libraries of homebrew reviews in existence!
- Our Top Posts – tips, how-tos, resources posts and more
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions. toppost:grainmill tag:tpr rs:2