Icemaster 100 Glycol Chiller with Stainless Bulkheads via MoreBeerMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
The Icemaster is designed to cool fermentations in small vessels. It can be used with any vessel that has a glycol jacket or submersed cooling coil/rod. For each vessel you want to cool you will need to buy one of our Glycol Pump Kits. Each tank is able to be separately temperature controlled. Each Glycol Pump Kit includes a submersible pump that is placed in the cool bath of this chiller along with a digital controller. The digital controller includes a thermal probe that should be inserted into a thermal well in your vessel or can be taped to the outside of the vessel if you don’t have a thermal well. The digital controller then measures the temperature of your tank and turns the submersible pump on or off to cool to your desired set temperature. Up to four tanks can be controlled separately with one Icemaster and four Glycol Pump Kits (GLY355).
The Icemaster can be used with any fermenter that has a built in cooling jacket or a submersed cooling coil. It works well as the cooling source for the following sytems and fermenters.
- Ss Brewtech Fermenters and Brites with optional FTS Temperature Control Systems: Because FTS systems include a pump and controller you will not need to buy a separate Glycol Pump Kit.
- Spike Conical with Optional Cooling Package – Because the optional Spike cooling system includes a pump and controller you will not need to buy a separate Glycol Pump Kit.
- Speidel Tanks with Optional Cooling Jackets – You will need one Glycol Pump Kit for each tank.
- Grainfather Fermenters – Grainfather fermenters have standard cooling jackets. You will need one Glycol Pump Kit for eash fermenter
- Blichmann Fermenators with Optional Cooling Coil – You will need one Glycol Pump Kit for each Fermenator.
It is always difficult to determine exactly how many tanks can be chilled at one time as it depends on what is happening in each tank, if the tank is insulated, and what the ambient temperature is. Cold crashing always requires the most energy and requires tank insulation. We have experimented with capacities and can provide this general guide based on a 75 degree ambient and neoprene insulation. Neoprene does not provide much in the way insulation so you would obtain better results using Armaflex or a higher R rating insulation. If only controlling fermentation temps the capacity would be higher. Four Glycol Pump Kits (GLY355) is the maximum that will fit in the Icemaster. We are working on smaller glycol pump kits, where the pumps have smaller footprints, so the Icemaster right now has the capacity to use 5 pumps through the bulkhead fittings.
Cold Crashing capacity at 75F with neoprene insulation (double for fermentation temperature control):
2 – 1BBL (31 Gallon) Tank with neo
3 to 4 – 1/2BBL (15-20 Gallon) Tanks
4+ – 10-14 Gallon Tanks
4+ – 5-7 Gallon Tanks
Black Friday! MoreBeer’s Black Friday Sale is live! They are discounting over 150 products by up to 50%. They are also doing some special limited availability Daily Deals. Shipping for most items will be free, with a $59 order to addresses in the contiguous US and their Free Shipping Program. This is included in the mix and marked down to $749.99.
Update: This promo has expired or pricing, availability or description has changed – Check the supplier’s site or product page for current availability
Recent Deals! Last Fifty Finds
MoreDeals! at MoreBeer:
- Hundreds of Sale Items: ALL Sale and Clearance – By Category – Sort by: Most Popular | Best Rated
- The Hop Market – rotating, deep discount hops!
- MoreBeer’s Kit of the Week: Kit of the Week – 20% off
More: Recent MoreBeer Finds