Dual Scale (Brix and SG) Refractometer via eBay. 0-32% Brix, 1.000-1.130 Specific Gravity. ATC. Solid construction with aluminum casing. Includes refractometer, calibration screwdriver, pipette, cleaning cloth and padded storage case.
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.
As of this posting, this is selling for just $21.50. Shipping is also free to select addresses. Check the listing for up to the minute price, description and availability.
Portable-Beer-Wort-and-Wine-Refractometer-Dual-Scale-Specific-Gravity-and-Brix – $21.50 + Free Shipping
Recent Great Deals [more]:
- 25′ Stainless Steel Wort Chiller – $51.99 + Free Shipping
- Pre-Wired 110 Volt AC Fan [Kegerator Recirculating Fan] – $15.29 w/Instant…
- 132 Gallon Per Hour Submersible Pump – $10.89 + Draft Line Cleaning Build
- Four Pin Lock Kegs + New O-rings – $100 – $25 Each
- Lavatools Thermowand Thermometer -$16.99 on Lightning Deals