We hand-selected 12 of their strains to showcase the diversity of what they offer. These were propagated special for our first order to make sure you receive the freshest yeast possible. From crispy lagers and juicy IPAs to complex mixed fermentations, Bootleg has a culture for every brew. Using Bootleg cultures ensures your beer stands out while still delivering familiar, predictable results.
- Adventures in Homebrewing has most Bootleg Biology Stains on Sale from $8.98.
- Stacks With Free Shipping: Adventures in Homebrewing is offering free shipping on most orders of $99 or more to addresses in the contiguous US.
- Need a Filler to get to $99? Sale Items – sorted low to high AND sorted most popular first, Yeast, Cleaning/Sanitizing Supplies, Save 20% on Seasonal Kits
The sale includes a 23% discount on Bootleg Biology BBCUL Czech Unpasteurized Lager Yeast – Beta Limited Release
Czech Unpasteurized Lager was sourced from an unpasteurized Czech Lager beer that produces a unique, malty sweet Pils aroma, a medium mouthfeel, a subtle bite with low diacetyl production, and a short primary fermentation. Who doesn’t love a malty, slightly hoppy traditional Czech lager? The common commercially available strains sourced from the “original” brewery often lack a certain richness found in the classic beer.
Ferment at traditional lager ferm temperatures 50F-55F (10C-13C) for 2-6 weeks with a diacetyl rest before crashing or additional lagering.
BBCUL Czech Unpasteurized Lager Yeast Description:
- Flavor/Aroma: Bready, sweet Pilsner aroma, low diacetyl
- Fermentation Temp: 50 – 55°F
- Attenuation: 77 – 83%
- Flocculation: Low to Medium
- Final pH: 4.3 – 4.5
- Source: An unpasteurized and freshly made batch of the original Czech Lager beer
This culture is part of Bootleg’s BETA program. They have done limited testing and are not ready to officially release this culture. So let us know what you think! If it’s awesome…or you hate it..leave a comment on the product page. If you like it, we might rerelease this Bootleg BETA culture officially.
From crispy lagers and juicy IPAs to complex mixed fermentations, Bootleg Biology has a culture for every brew.
This post contains affiliate links. We may make a commission when you use our links. This will never cost you extra. Thank you for supporting Homebrew Finds!
More: Recent AIH Finds
Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Check the product page for current price, description and availability.