500 ml Polypropylene (PP) wide mouth bottleMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- 500ML CAPACITY || Industrial quality reagent bottle with a 500ml capacity. Excellent for storing chemicals, liquids or powders
- SUPERIOR DURABILITY || The rigid polypropylene construction provides excellent chemical resistance to acids, alcohols & alkalis, and very good resistance to aldehydes and hydrocarbons. Both bottle and cap are translucent with excellent optical clarity. Stable at temperatures between -20°C and 135°C
- WIDE NECK || Bottle features a wide neck. Outer diameter of mouth measures 47mm and inner diameter measures 43mm. Includes a leak-proof screw cap
- EASY TO CLEAN || Bottle and screw cap are autoclavable and top rack dishwasher safe for easy cleaning and sterilization
- GREAT FOR PROFESSIONAL LABORATORIES, CLASSROOMS & HOUSEHOLD || Designed for use in professional laboratories, but is an ideal choice for science classrooms and household use
Possible homebrew uses include: Refractometer and pH sample collection, yeast rehydration, yeast washing and slurry storage. Also an easy vessel for making and storing sanitized water. I use similar containers to collect samples and to aid with yeast rehydration. Check out Tip 1 on our Tips Page for more info on my process for yeast rehydration.
Reagent Bottle, 500ml – Wide Mouth with Screw Cap – Polypropylene – Translucent – Eisco Labs – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
Compare: New offerings are regularly added – Search Amazon for “Polypropylene Lab Bottles” – Some things to look for – proper temp ratings, use of food safe materials and microwaveable.
More: Recent Amazon Finds
Going on Now: Amazon Prime Day!
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.