Lopbinte Beer Wort and Wine Refractometer, Dual Scale – Specific Gravity 1.-1.120 and Brix 0-32%, Replaces Homebrew Hydrometer (Aluminum)More Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Dual range refractometer measures the Brix and Specific Gravity of your Wort or wine.. Measures Brix: 0-32% and Specific Gravity: 1.-1.120
- A refractometer is easier and more accurate than a hydrometer for measuring sugars.
- Easy to Use
- View larger
- Sturdy design, compact in size and light in weight, convenient to keep up and carry around.
For me, getting a refractometer was one of those upgrades that made a lot of difference. With a refractometer you need a sample size of two drops. I figured that this would pay for itself in beer savings alone. I also had just broken my hydrometer and came to the realization that hydrometers are made of breakable glass that can break! 🙂
Refractometers can be used to measure gravity throughout the brewing process. You can also estimate the alcohol content of your beer if you forget to take an OG with the use of a refractometer and a hydrometer. Check out Sean Terrill’s excellent refractometer calculator.
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
More: Recent Amazon Finds