Gram Scale Digital Kitchen Scale Toprime Mini Size Food Scale 500g 0.01g High Precision Jewelry Weight Scale with Platform LCD Display Tare and Pcs FeaturesMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Muti-function: Comes with two plastic trays for holding loose or messy items, perfect for baking, cooking, portion control, postage reloading and jewelry; furthermore, this small scale also can be used at simple lab experiment.
- Multiple Choices of Unit Conversion: support g, oz, ozt, dwt, ct, gn, meet all your needs. Features a crystal clear LCD screen by bright blue back light, which can be read on the day light.
- Meticulous Accuracy: Equipped with high precision sensors to provide the most accurate weight readings. Refined accuracy 0.01g / 0.001 oz, up to a weight range of 500g/ 17.64oz.
- Easy to Use and Calibrate : Fast and easy to tare and calibrate. Includes piece counting function for faster quantity measurement.
- Small Compact and Smart: Made for easy storage and lightweight portability; Sleek stainless steel build for easy maintenance and reinforced platform strength. It also can display low battery power, overload, and uneven surface placement for users. (batteries are not included)
Tare Function: Tare allows you to subtract the weight of the container you’re using to get a true weight of the contents. Add your empty container to the scale and press the tare button. This zeros out the scale. Now add the thing you’re weighing and the scale displays just the weight of the contents of your container. In my opinion the tare function is essential for any good homebrewing scale.
Given the specs of this scale, it should work for weighing hops, water salts, smaller amounts of specialty grains (500 grams is about 17.6 ounces or just over a pound) and other brewing ingredients.
A smaller scale can work for all grain brewers, as you can weigh any amount of grain in multiple batches, but if you’re a large batch all grain brewer or regularly brew all grain batches with larger grain bills you may want to consider a two scale approach, one more precise scale for hops and a larger capacity scale for larger grain bills. A couple scales to consider:
- Hands On Review: American Weigh 100g x 0.01g Digital Scale
- Hands On Review: Ultraship 55 lb Digital Scale [Grain] With Removable Face