FermZilla Conical Fermenter – 7.1 gal. / 27 L via MoreBeerMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
The new and improved FermZilla in 27L brought to you by the critical minds and engineers behind the original Fermentasaurus Gen 1. Although the original Fermentasaurus was revolutionary at the time of its conception, there’s always room for improvement. This is partly due to the strong community of Fermentasaurus users who have helped push for an improved conical unitank.
The FermZilla is the perfect option for brewers that want all the advantages of a conical fermenter without the price tag of a full blown stainless steel unit. It allows you to dump trub, harvest yeast, and with the addition of the FermZilla Pressure Kit, you can carbonate and serve – all in one vessel! The clear PET tank allows you to visually monitor fermenation activity and is pressure rated to 2.4 Bar (34.8 psi), which means you can ferment under pressure, reducing ester and fusel alcohols in your finished beer. This also gives the ability to perform pressure transfers. If you prefer to move your finished beer to a keg or other vessel, you can do so with little to no oxygen exposure.
New and Improved:
1. Larger Dump Valve – 3″ butterfly dump valve is more resistant to clogging from large amounts of trub
2. Larger Opening – 4.75″ top port opening allows for easier cleaning
3. Less Headspace – more appropriately sized for 5-gallon batches. Purging the headspace of oxygen is easier and more effective.
FermZilla 27L Tank with Butterfly Dump Valve (Pre-Assembled & Attached)
Reinforced Stainless Steel Stand
Top Lid with PRV (35 psi)
1000 ml Collection Container & Lid
27 L (7.1 gal) Total Volume
Pressure Rated to 2.4 Bar (34.8 psi)
Height in Stand – 28.3″
Height w/ Airlock – 32.7″
Tank Diameter – 13.9″
Diameter in Stand – 15.7″
Please note: when using the FermZilla under pressure, you must perform a water pressure check to ensure your connections are leak proof. To do this, fill your FermZilla up with water, apply at least 15 psi pressure, and check for leaks around all caps and threads.
MoreBeer has picked up the Fermzilla along with a nice lineup of replacement parts and accessories. Shipping is free with a qualifying $59 order to many US addresses. Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Please note that product prices and availability are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this this post was published; however, they may differ from those you see when you visit the product page. Check the product page for current price, description and availability.
Check out our review of Gen 1… Hands on Review: Fermentasaurus Conical Fermenter
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
MoreDeals! at MoreBeer:
- Hundreds of Sale Items: ALL Sale and Clearance – By Category – Sort by: Most Popular | Best Rated
- The Hop Market – rotating, deep discount hops!
- MoreBeer’s Kit of the Week: Kit of the Week – 20% off
More: Recent MoreBeer Finds