Industrial IR Thermometer with Circle Laser, IRK-2 Infrared Thermometer from ThermoWorks.
About: “The IRK Infrared Thermometer has been a favorite professional tool for broad range temperature measurements among industry and home use. Our new IRK-2 includes all the great features of the IRK now with new circle laser IR targeting, larger LCD display, and higher temperature range.”
- NEW! Circle laser for better targeting
- High quality 12:1 optics
- IR range to 1022°F (550°C)
- Reads type K probes
- Adjustable emissivity
- Max/Min, C/F, Avg, Alarm
Since this is no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find mine particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
Infrared thermometers should not be considered a direct replacement for your standard thermometer. A quality IR thermometer will give you a close approximation of surface temperatures. Note that steam seems to throw off readings. Uses include: Contained yeast rehydration water, chilled wort or starter temperature, kegerator, fermenter or fermenation area and beer tasting samples. If you’re looking for a standard thermometer, consider these two Top Finds: CDN DTQ450X – ThermoWorks Thermapen
As of this posting, this is marked down 34% from $89 to $58. I’m late picking this up, it’s running today only. Check ThermoWorks for current price and availability.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page, sale page or ThermoWorks Sale Page for up to the minute description, price and availability.
See Our Most Recent ThermoWorks Finds:
- Buy More, Save More Sale at ThermoWorks – up to 20% off + Reviews To Help …
- Announcing: Executive Series – EXEC Thermometers
- ThermoWorks WAND Thermometer – Forehead AND Surface Temps – 29% Pric…
- ThermoWorks Coupon Code – Save 10% at ThermoWorks
- Hands on Review: ThermoWorks ProNeedle Thermometer!
- Announcing: Limited Edition Semper Fi Thermapen Mk4
- Announcing: ThermoWorks DASH!