Kent Soda Bottle Caps and QDs via MoreBeer
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
Use this quick disconnect set to seal a soda bottle under CO2 pressure. An ideal way to bring homebrew to a party without all the accessories.
- A single-handed connection and disconnection
- Strong plastic that can handle 250 degrees, very durable, and is medical-grade compliant and made from FDA approved material
- Easy installation into your home brewery
- KENT Systems quarter turn design functions safely
TIP N’ TRICK: Add a CO2 tee inline with your current CO2 setup and install the H481 Kent Shut-Off Female QD w/ 1/4 in Barb included. This way you always have access to CO2 accessible to put your beer under pressure before leaving for the party.
- PET Bottles as Growlers: These are generally intended to convert 1L and 2L bottles to growlers. Fill up a 1L or 2L PET bottle with your favorite homebrew. Put one of these on (purge the headspace by squeezing if you want to) and then pressurize for transport. This should help to reduce oxygen pickup and maintain carbonation levels.
- Fine tune or rapidly carbonate beer: You can also use this cap to rapidly carbonate beer. Same process as for transport, just set your regulator to the proper pressure and shake or agitate the PET bottle to help introduce CO2. Or hook it up to CO2 and let it sit in you kegerator.
The Kent System Is Unique!
This system is unique for a couple reason. First it’s comprised of two components (most caps are a single piece). One piece threads onto the bottle, the other is a QD that has a barb and connects to your CO2 system. Because of this two piece design you can use one QD with loads of caps, reducing costs vs traditional one piece designs.
A second thing that sets this system apart is… it’s the only solution I’m aware of that works with pin lock QDs, or better stated without the need for ball lock QDs. Since this is barbed in can hook to any compatible CO2 line no matter if you use ball lock or pin lock QDs.
As of this posting, MoreBeer has the Cap and QD set for $9.99, while extra caps are $4.99. Shipping is free with a qualifying $59 order to many US addresses. Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Please note that product prices and availability are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this this post was published; however, they may differ from those you see when you visit the product page. Check the product page for current price, description and availability.
Save 10%! For a short time, MoreBeer is taking 10% off nearly everything, site wide when you use coupon code SAVEME10. There are a few exceptions. Shipping is also free to most US addresses with a qualifying $59 order. 10% Off at MoreBeer! – remember promo code SAVEME10.
- Cap and QD Set – Kent Fittings – Shut-Off QD Set (1/4 in. Barb & Soda Bottle Cap) H482
- Additional Caps – Kent Fittings – Shut-Off Male QD x Soda Bottle Cap H480
Update: This promo has expired or pricing, availability or description has changed – Check the supplier’s site or product page for current availability
Recent Deals! Last Fifty Finds
MoreDeals! at MoreBeer: More: Recent MoreBeer Finds
MoreDeals! at MoreBeer:
More: Recent MoreBeer Finds