From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Narrow mouth lab bottle for substance control and containment
- Polypropylene body for strength, thermal performance, solvent resistance, and for its ability to be sterilized and autoclaved; translucent for reduced light filtration while still allowing visual fluid monitoring
- Boston round shape for applications that require a rounded body, short neck, and narrow mouth to store liquid samples, solvents, chemicals, and dry materials
- Screw cap with deep square threads secures contents to help prevent spills and evaporation
- Autoclavable for applications requiring sterilization
From HBF: Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.
What are Other’s Saying? Search this product’s Amazon reviews for “yeast” – may include reviews for other sizes or variations
Possible homebrew uses include: Refractometer and pH sample collection, yeast rehydration, yeast washing and slurry storage. Also an easy vessel for making and storing sanitized water.
I use these containers to collect samples and to aid with yeast rehydration. Check out Tip 1 on our Tips Page for more info on my process for yeast rehydration.
Bel-Art Precisionware Wide-Mouth 500ml (16oz) Autoclavable Polypropylene Bottles; Polypropylene Cap, 53mm Closure (Pack of 12) (F10632-0007) – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
Compare: New offerings are regularly added – Search Amazon for “Polypropylene Lab Bottles” – Some things to look for – proper temp ratings, use of food safe materials and microwaveable.