A few retailers have an annual rhizome pre-sales. The earlier you “hop” (did you see what I did there) on these sales, the better. That will give you a better chance to reserve the varieties you want to grow in your hop garden.
Hop Rhizome sales are seasonal. Availability is subject to change. Check with the retailer for current availability, selection and pricing.
Hop Rhizome Sources
- Adventures in Homebrewing– In addition to rhizomes, AIH also carries Hop Twine
- Austin Homebrew Supply
- Beer & Wine Hobby
- Brewer Dude
- Great Fermentations
- Label Peelers
- eBay can be a good source for rhizomes – search hop rhizomes. Look for a seller with good feedback.
Books and Resources: Learn about Growing Your Own Hops
- The Homebrewer’s Garden, 2nd Edition: How to Grow, Prepare & Use Your Own Hops, Malts & Brewing Herbs – via Amazon
- The Complete Guide to Growing Your Own Hops, Malts, and Brewing Herbs – via Amazon
- The Hop Grower’s Handbook: The Essential Guide for Sustainable, Small-Scale Production for Home and Market – via Amazon
- Adventures in Homebrewing – Free PDF Guide on Hop Growing
- MoreBeer – Free Guide on growing hops – available via the documents section of any hop rhizome offering
This is a Top Post! See: All Top Posts
More: Our Last Fifty Finds!