5 Gallon Whiskey Barrels from Balcones Distilling in Waco TX. These barrels are aged with Award Winning Whiskey for a minimum of 6 months. They are recently dumped and ready to be filled with your homebrew – consider a stout, porter, amber, brown or barleywine. Made of American Oak. Can be used multiple times for clean fermentation with proper care. Comes with a stand and rubber bung.
We’ve featured 5, 10 and 15 gallon size kettles in the past. Used barrels are popular. This 5 gallon size seems to be the most popular. It’s good size to fill and store. Along those lines, availability of these barrels can be touch and go.
A free barrel brewing guide (in downloadable pdf format) is also available on the barrel page. It is… An overview of barrel anatomy, wood types, first-use prep list, cleaning, storing, aging beer, fermenting and souring in oak barrels.
Demand for the 5 gallon size is generally high. A limited number are available again for $129.99 + $20 shipping as of this posting. Check site for current availability and price.
This promo is expired. See recent finds below.
Recent Great Deals [more]:
- Klean Kanteen Stainless Growler with Swinglok Cap – $22.50 + Free Prime Sh…
- Amazon Deal of the Day – Up to 30% Off Shelving, Totes and Tables
- SinoWare Digital pH Tester – $9.99 + Free Shipping
- Expanded Distilling Lineup at William’s Brewing + Category Wide Distilling…
- Ends Soon: Speidel Fermenters on Sale for HBF Readers! + Hands on Review