5 Gallon Whiskey Barrels from Balcones Distilling in Waco TX. These barrels are aged with Award Winning Whiskey for a minimum of 6 months. They are recently dumped and ready to be filled with your homebrew – consider a stout, porter, amber, brown or barleywine. Made of American Oak. Can be used multiple times for clean fermentation with proper care. Comes with a stand and rubber bung.
We’ve featured 5, 10 and 15 gallon size kettles in the past. Used barrels are popular. This 5 gallon size seems to be the most popular. It’s good size to fill and store. Along those lines, availability of these barrels can be touch and go.
A free barrel brewing guide (in downloadable pdf format) is also available on the barrel page. It is… An overview of barrel anatomy, wood types, first-use prep list, cleaning, storing, aging beer, fermenting and souring in oak barrels.
Demand for the 5 gallon size is generally high. A limited number are available again for $129.99 + $20 shipping as of this posting. Check site for current availability and price.
This promo is expired. See recent finds below.
Recent Great Deals [more]:
- John Palmer’s Hop Hammer Double IPA [Pliny the Elder] – $35 – …
- 5.1 Cu Ft RCA Deep Freezer – $131.07 + Free Shipping
- Reader Tip: Anchor Hocking 55 Oz Pitcher – $6.29
- $4.99 Flat Rate Shipping at AIH- works with sale items!
- NSF Certified 5 Tier Shelving Unit w/Wheels – $79.88 + Free Shipping