MoreBeer has released Old Bearded Stout, available in both all grain and extract versions. It’s their take on North Coast Brewing Company’s Old Rasputin.
Wow. If you’ve never tried the North Coast Brewing Co. Old Rasputin, then you need to brew our clone version of it. If you have tried the North Coast Brewing Co. Old Rasputin, then you know what we’re talking about, and need to brew our clone version of it!
This imperial stout is one of our most complex recipe kits. Not only because of the ingredients involved (12 pounds of base malt, 5 specialty malts, and 3 different hops!), but because of the mouthfeel, flavors, and aromas it provides. The all grain kit even includes 2 pounds of dry malt extract because the amount of malt simply won’t fit in your average size mash tun!
This is also one of those beers that continues to improve the longer it’s allowed to age. Our Old Bearded Stout is bold, boasting an incredible roasty, bready flavors, and aromas of chocolate and coffee. Coming in at right around 8.5%, this is a great beer to “just have one” of, but we won’t blame you if you go for a second!
Estimated Original Gravity:1.082-87
SRM (Color Range: 30
IBU’s: 78-82 Estimated Alcohol Percentage: 8.4-8.6%
Recent More Beer [more]:
- Hand Carved Maple Hardwood Mash Paddle – $41.99
- Ends Soon: MoreBeer’s Hop Rhizome Pre-Sale + Speidel Sale
- Now Available: SS Brew Tech 14 Gallon Brew Bucket Stainless Conical Fermenter
- New from MoreBeer: Stainless Steel Low Profile Elbow for Sankey Taps
- MoreBeer Oxygenation System – $46.99 + Free Shipping, Limited Supply