Pictured: 32 Ounce Star San from Home Brew Supply
You probably already know this but, don’t… spill concentrated Star San solution on yourself. I normally wouldn’t take the time to state the obvious, but I did this recently and got a pretty good picture out of the incident…
Pictorial evidence of the aftermath. These are a pair of some of my favorite short’s Columbia Sportswear Voyager Cargo Shorts that I was wearing at the time. The white is a permanent feature. Obviously Star San and Nylon do not play well together. It’s almost like the Star San broke down the Nylon, or at the very least it bleached it white. I had these in the wash within 1 minute or so of the spill, still, they have become work shorts
My (cotton) Patagonia T-Shirt fared much better. It was left unscathed.
I also had to rinse my legs and arms after this incident. I was left physically unscathed except for one finger nail that had a bit of a burning feeling for a while.
Undiluted Star San is a relatively strong acid. This will serve as a reminder for me to be more careful with it.
Recent Great Deals [more]:
- Klean Kanteen Stainless Growler with Swinglok Cap – $22.50 + Free Prime Sh…
- Amazon Deal of the Day – Up to 30% Off Shelving, Totes and Tables
- SinoWare Digital pH Tester – $9.99 + Free Shipping
- Expanded Distilling Lineup at William’s Brewing + Category Wide Distilling…
- Ends Soon: Speidel Fermenters on Sale for HBF Readers! + Hands on Review