I like to save the mylar bags that hops come in for re-use.
I rinse these out with some PBW solution and let them dry. Then I use one of a couple techniques to reseal hops in these with a FoodSaver.
Recently, I started using a drying rack of sorts to make this process easier.
They do make racks specifically for this purpose, but I did not like the tree designs that I found and most are wooden, which I’m not crazy about. Also, most are in the $20 range. I only had $8.01 to spend on this project, so I ended up settling on a baby bottle drying rack.
That’s right… The Munchkin Deluxe Drying Rack! You’re not going to see baby items on Homebrew Finds often, so if you’ve been looking for that you had better enjoy this post.
How the manufacturer intended it to be used-
How I use it-
It works pretty well as a bag drying rack. It has two sizes of prongs and a flat area to lay small parts and pieces.
Munchkin Deluxe Drying Rack – $8.01 Free Shipping with $25 Order
- BeerSmith 2.0 - $19.76
- Lakefront Brewery Fixed Gear Pro Series Kit - 10% Discount
- $30 Off 8 Gallon Minibrew Conical Fermenter
- ZipScope USB Digital Microscope - $74.16 Shipped
- Adventures in Homebrewing SRM Bottle Opener Lanyard
- Brand New 5 Gallon Keg! - $71.95
- Ball Lock Kegs Back In Stock
- Free Electronic Issue of Zymurgy
- Keg Post Conversion Kit (pin lock to ball lock) 19/32-18 Thread - $11.99
- Mash Tun back in stock + All Grain Equipment Tip
- 10 Liter Lab Quality Bottle- $14.58 Free Shipping with $25 order
- $200 Off Brew Sculptures from More Beer
- $100 Off Conical Fermenters
- Grain Mill, 2 Roller Adjustable - $99 and free shipping!