Erlenmeyer Flasks on Electric Stovetop? Yeast Starters Using the Double Boiler Method
Yeast Starters on Electric Stovetops Using the Double Boiler Method
It is important for your safety to heat water in the flask with a heat source that distributes heat evenly. Morebeer! recommends using the “double boiler method.” This process involves using a boiling water bath on the outside of the flask to heat up the water inside the flask. All you need is a kettle 3 gallons or larger. This process is much safer and efficient. If the flask should break or boil over, your kettle will be there to collect the contents, thus keeping your stove clean and keeping you safe. – via MoreBeer
Limited Time Deal on 5 Gallon Stainless Steel Kettle:
- As of this posting, MoreBeer has this on sale for just $21.99. Check the product page to see if this deal is still on.
- Coupon code HBF5GKD takes another $2 off making these just $19.99
- Get Free Shipping: Shipping is free with a qualifying $59 order to many US addresses
- Some filler item ideas to help you qualify for free shipping… PBW, Sale Items (shows most popular deals first), Kit of the Week, Hop Market (shows most popular deals first)
Use for extract brewing or small batch all grain brewing. See: Small Batch, All Grain Stove Top Brewing + Water Calculation Spreadsheet – for my small batch, stove top all grain technique.
5 Gallon Stainless Steel Kettle BE300 – remember promo code HBF5GKD
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
MORE MoreBeer Deals!…
Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Check the product page for current price, description and availability. rp:b3doubleboiler tag:watch