Announcing: The Rare Barrel Mixed Culture – Now Available to Homebrewers!
The team at Bootleg Biology (An open source yeast project!) is at it again and just released three new strains curated from some of the top tier Sour Beer producers in the United states!
Check out the new strains below or Click Here to see their entire selection of wild yeast and yeast wrangling tools!
Jester King Mixed Sour Culture
This is a mixed culture of wild yeast and bacteria, primarily captured from Jester King’s land in Austin set in beautiful Texas Hill Country. Expect a delicate blend of fruit, pepper, spice and funk.
This culture is a reliable acidifier! The main fermentation driver in this culture is a Belgian saison strain. Followed by a unique Brett character pushing big tropical fruit and pineapple Brett character more than typical barnyard.
Black Project Mixed Sour Culture
This culture is a rare mix of microbes sourced from the Denver brewery’s coolship and wild yeast living on Colorado-grown Riesling grape skins used for beer production.
Mixed Culture Strains From Bootleg Biology
- Get Free Shipping: This ships for free with a qualify order as part of MoreBeer’s Free Shipping Program. Under that promo most orders over $59 ship for free.
- Easy Filler Item…. If you’re looking for a filler item to help you qualify for free shipping, consider grabbing some PBW
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate