The Thermapen IR from Thermoworks combines everything people love about the Mk4 with addition of an Infrared Thermometer.More Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
The new Thermapen IR combines the unparalleled speed and accuracy of the Thermapen Mk4 with the versatility of a professional infrared unit. Why carry two different thermometers when you can just carry the Thermapen IR?
- Adjustable emissivity infrared from 0.1 to 1.0
- Patented auto-rotating display
- Max/Min infrared displays
- Foldaway thermocouple probe
- High accuracy probe to ±0.7°F (±0.4°C)
- Probe readings in only 2-3 seconds
- Motion-sensing sleep & wake mode
- Display temps in °C or °F, 1 or 0.1° resolution
- Includes NIST-traceable calibration certificate
- IP54 (not waterproof like the Thermapen Mk4)
View both infrared and penetration probe readings from either hand in any position with Thermapen IR’s patented 360° auto-rotating display. In Probe mode, set the unit down, and Sleep Mode saves battery life. Pick it up, and it turns on automatically. Close the probe when you’re done and it powers off for storage. Each unit ships with a NIST-traceable calibration certificate for both the probe and infrared so you know it’s accurate.
Thermapen IR is a must-have, versatile tool for restaurants, health inspectors, manufacturing, laboratory, and more.
Note from HBF: I have long advocated IR thermometers in select situations. This unit really combines the best of both worlds. Since IR no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find mine particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
ThermoWorks is discounting this by 25% as part of a early Black Friday Deal. This is live now and is the actual Black Friday Deal. They are running sales early to stave off supply chain issues and delivery delays.