WAND™ – No Touch Digital Forehead ThermometerMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Professional Class II medical device, FDA-Cleared*
- Easy-to-Use, no complicated instructions
- One-second readings
- Very soft ready-beep and a visual indicator in the display won’t disturb a sleeping child or patient
- WAND is suitable for temperature screening in homes, hospitals, businesses, warehouses, schools, and physical examination centers.
- Gives accurate, consistent oral-equivalent results for all ages
- High temperature alert and mute setting
- Bright LED backlight
- Stores 25 readings
WAND gives you proven accuracy when you need it most. Simple to use with readings in 1 second means you get the important information you need quickly.
* ThermoWorks WAND holds an FDA device registration number and has the designation FDA-Cleared. WAND is categorized as a Class II medical device under the category listing ‘Thermometer, Electronic, Clinical’. The FDA-Approval designation is only given to Class III products like drugs, pacemakers, and vaccines that pose a higher risk to humans, and require a different level of testing and approval. Class I and II products are not tested to the same level and are “cleared”.
This is a forehead thermometer and generally off topic for us. The thing that brings it back on topic is…
Works with Surface Temps… I ordered one of these and have received it. It DOES work for regular surface temps. You just need to change the mode by holding both the start and power buttons at the same time. That means it can work as a more traditional IR thermometer as well as a forehead thermometer. I don’t know that I would suggest this as a primary use as it does not have laser targeting and it’s pricey for that purpose. Having said that’s it’s nice to have a secondary use or as a backup to your primary Kitchen/Brewing IR thermometer.
- When this was introduced it sold for about $97 and was excluded from all sales and coupons.
- Since the list price has come down to $69.
- Today only, it’s marked down a whopping $40 to $29.
- This handily beats Black Friday 2020. It was marked down $51.75 at that time.
Going on Now: Amazon Prime Day!
More: Our Last Fifty Finds!
Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Check the product page for current price, description and availability.