Industrial IR Gun (IR-GUN-S) from ThermoWorks.
About: “The IR-GUN-S non-contact infrared thermometer is your best deal in a basic infrared gun. The IR-GUN-S Infrared Thermometer is designed for broad general purpose use in research, industrial applications, HVAC, construction, repair or maintenance services, and even around the house if you’re technically inclined.”
- High quality 12:1 optics
- Bright laser pointer
- Point and Shoot simplicity
- Max temp and hold features
- Easily switch from °C to °F
- Backlit display
- Adjustable emissivity
Since this is no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find mine particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
Infrared thermometers should not be considered a direct replacement for your standard thermometer. A quality IR thermometer will give you a close approximation of surface temperatures. Note that steam seems to throw off readings. Uses include: Contained yeast rehydration water, chilled wort or starter temperature, kegerator, fermenter or fermenation area and beer tasting samples. If you’re looking for a standard thermometer, consider these two Top Finds: CDN DTQ450X – ThermoWorks Thermapen
Today 4/8 only, ThermoWorks has this marked down a whopping 35% to $44.85. Check ThermoWorks for current price and availability.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page, sale page or ThermoWorks Sale Page for up to the minute description, price and availability.
See Our Most Recent ThermoWorks Finds:
- ThermoWorks Thermapen Mk4 – $69 Each When You Buy Two, Matches Best Price
- Hands on Review: ThermoWorks Thermapen Mk4 Thermometer + Limited Time Deal on Re…
- Announcing: Executive Series – EXEC Thermometers
- ThermoWorks WAND Thermometer – Forehead AND Surface Temps – 29% Pric…
- ThermoWorks Coupon Code – Save 10% at ThermoWorks
- Hands on Review: ThermoWorks ProNeedle Thermometer!
- Announcing: ThermoWorks DASH!