The Thermapen IR from Thermoworks combines everything people love about the Mk4 with addition of an Infrared Thermometer.More Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
The new Thermapen IR combines the unparalleled speed and accuracy of the Thermapen Mk4 with the versatility of a professional infrared unit. Why carry two different thermometers when you can just carry the Thermapen IR?
- Adjustable emissivity infrared from 0.1 to 1.0
- Patented auto-rotating display
- Max/Min infrared displays
- Foldaway thermocouple probe
- High accuracy probe to ±0.7°F (±0.4°C)
- Probe readings in only 2-3 seconds
- Motion-sensing sleep & wake mode
- Display temps in °C or °F, 1 or 0.1° resolution
- Includes NIST-traceable calibration certificate
- IP54 (not waterproof like the Thermapen Mk4)
View both infrared and penetration probe readings from either hand in any position with Thermapen IR’s patented 360° auto-rotating display. In Probe mode, set the unit down, and Sleep Mode saves battery life. Pick it up, and it turns on automatically. Close the probe when you’re done and it powers off for storage. Each unit ships with a NIST-traceable calibration certificate for both the probe and infrared so you know it’s accurate.
Thermapen IR is a must-have, versatile tool for restaurants, health inspectors, manufacturing, laboratory, and more.
Note from HBF: I have long advocated IR thermometers in select situations. This unit really combines the best of both worlds. You have a Thermapen that also functions as an IR thermometer. Since IR no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find my IR thermometer particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
- Tip: Use an Infrared Thermometer for Select Homebrewing Tasks
- Using Polypropylene Lab Bottles to Rehydrate Yeast
- The strategy for a lot of retailers this year is going to be to spread out Black Friday Deals.
- This is marked down a whopping 25% to $104.25 as a limited time Black Friday Deal.
- Check ThermoWorks to see if you can still get in on this.
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page, sale page or ThermoWorks Sale Page for up to the minute description, price and availability.
See Our Most Recent ThermoWorks Finds:
- Black Friday is Now… ThermoWorks ChefAlarm Thermometer & Timer –…
- Hands on Review: ThermoWorks Thermapen Mk4 Thermometer + Final Call to Get Close…
- Final Call… ThermoWorks Thermapen Mk4 – $69, Save 30%, Last Chance C…
- Extended, Through Today: Thermapen ONE – 1 second readings… Black F…
- Ends Today – Black Friday is Now! The Thermapen ONE – 1 second read…
- Ends Tonight: Thermapen ONE – 1 second readings Black Friday Deal
- Black Friday is Now! The Thermapen ONE – 1 second readings Black Friday D…
Price, promotions and availability can change quickly. Please note that product prices and availability are subject to change. Prices and availability were accurate at the time this post was published; however, they may differ from those you see when you visit the product page. Check the product page for current price, description and availability