6 Pack of Stir Bars by SEOH – use for yeast starters
6 Pack of Magnetic Stir Bars by SEOH. PTFE 6 x 25 mm (about an inch).More Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
A general purpose stir bar that provides better mixing than cylindrical stirrers. An Alnico V magnet is encapsulated with a two step process, compression and isostatic encapsulation, to eliminate cracks and porosity. Each stir bar is polished to reduce the potential for contamination. PACK OF 6
- Use along with an Erlenmeyer Flask and Stir Plate to do Stir Plate Yeast Starters.
- What are others saying? Search this product’s Amazon reviews for “brew” – may include reviews for other sizes or variations
- Why a Stir Plate? The constant motion of a stir plate integrates oxygen, puts yeast in constant contact with nutrients, relieves built up CO2 and generally helps yeast to grow more rapidly. That also means smaller starters.
- Why get 6? Generally, you’re going to save money buying in bulk. Having these on hand allows you to do multiple starters at once and… you’ll have spares if you mistakenly dump your stir bar into your fermenter.
- I have this stir bar and it works great.The vortex to the right was created with the help of this stir bar. See: The HBF Stir Plate Mounting-Thingy for more info.
SEOH Magnetic Stir Bar Plain PTFE 6 x 25mm Pack of 6 – note that multiple variations of this product may be available, as such a different version may appear at this link
More Fermentation Related!
- Our Fermentation Related Reviews – Fermenters and More
- Yeast Starters and Fermentation Resource Page
- Yeast: The Practical Guide to Beer Fermentation
- Compare Prices: StirStarter Stir Plate
Make sure the components you use are compatible and rated for your intended application. Contact manufacturer with questions about suitability or a specific application. Always read and follow manufacturer directions.