AMIR Digital Kitchen Scale, 5kg, 0.05oz/ 1g Cooking Scale, High Accuracy Food Scale, 6 Units, Back-Lit LCD Display, Tare & Auto Off Function, Stainless Steel & Slim Design Batteries IncludedMore Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- High Precision – AMIR kitchen scale built with high precision sensor system, provides you with instant and accurate results from 2g (0.05oz) to 5000g.
- Large Weighing Range – The Smart Digital Cooking Scale is crafted to be strong, accurate, fast, and user-friendly. Designed with a newly enlarged weighing platform and a large back-lit LCD screen, this digital kitchen scale weighs up to 5 kg (11 lbs.), Error range: ±3g, which adapts to a variety of items.
- Multi-Function – Includes low battery and overload indication, tare function, and auto off after 70 seconds of inactivity, which helps to preserve battery power and efficiency; 2 AAA batteries included. Quickly and conveniently convert measurement results between g, oz, lb, ml, kg, milk ml with the press of UNIT button.
- Stylish Stainless Steel Design – Minimalistic and elegant silver design makes this food scale stylish. Anti-fingerprint design makes it easy to clean and maintain. Constructed with a high-quality stainless steel platform and ABS plastic frame, this digital kitchen scale is durable and easy to clean.
- Compact Design & Space Saver: The Kitchen scale’s compact size (Product Dimensions: 7.09 x 5.51 x 0.59 inch) takes up minimal space on your desk, makes it easy to storage or carrying. Please feel free to contact us if you are not satisfied with it.
Tare Function: Tare allows you to subtract the weight of the container you’re using to get a true weight of the contents. Add your empty container to the scale and press the tare button. This zeros out the scale. Now add the thing you’re weighing and the scale displays just the weight of the contents of your container. In my opinion the tare function is essential for any good homebrewing scale.
5kg = just over 11 lbs. Given the specs of this scale, I think it would work well for hops, brewing grains and other ingredients. It’s not precise or sensitive enough for brewing sales.
What I like about this scale… I like the stainless steel design, the fact that is has the tare feature and the fact that it uses easy to find [Search AmazonBasics AAA] AAA batteries.
A smaller scale can work for all grain brewers, as you can weigh any amount of grain in multiple batches, but if you’re a large batch all grain brewer or regularly brew all grain batches with larger grain bills you may want to consider a two scale approach, one more precise scale for hops and a larger capacity scale for larger grain bills. A couple scales to consider:
- Hands On Review: American Weigh 100g x 0.01g Digital Scale
- Hands On Review: Ultraship 55 lb Digital Scale [Grain] With Removable Face