Pocket Infrared Thermometer (IR-POCKET) by ThermoWorks
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
The IR Pocket Infrared Thermometer is a professional infrared thermometer in pocket-sized package. With your IR Pocket Infrared you can measure surface temperatures around the house, cabin, grill, garage, and in the kitchen. Simply point your IR Pocket Infrared and shoot with no extra confusing buttons to learn. The IR Pocket Infrared is pre-set to an emissivity that measures most surfaces.
- Measures surface temperature
- IP67 Waterproof
- Pocket sized
- Easy to use, point-and-shoot simplicity
- Range to 230°F (110°C)
- Switchable °C to °F
Since this is no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find mine particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
Infrared thermometers should not be considered a direct replacement for your standard thermometer. A quality IR thermometer will give you a close approximation of surface temperatures. Note that steam seems to throw off readings. Uses include: Contained yeast rehydration water, chilled wort or starter temperature, kegerator, fermenter or fermenation area and beer tasting samples. If you’re looking for a standard thermometer, consider these two Top Finds: CDN DTQ450X – ThermoWorks Thermapen
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page, sale page or ThermoWorks Sale Page for up to the minute description, price and availability.
See Our Most Recent ThermoWorks Finds:
- ThermoWorks Thermapen Mk4 Closeout Sale – $69, Best Price Ever!
- Ends Today: Save 15% ThermoWorks Smoke X2 Long-Range Wireless Thermometer –…
- Save 15% ThermoWorks Smoke X2 Long-Range Wireless Thermometer – homebrew, …
- Announcing: Executive Series – EXEC Thermometers
- ThermoWorks WAND Thermometer – Forehead AND Surface Temps – 29% Pric…
- ThermoWorks Coupon Code – Save 10% at ThermoWorks
- Hands on Review: ThermoWorks ProNeedle Thermometer!