The Taylor 9306N is a Dual Function Infrared Thermometer -AND- Probe Thermocouple Thermometer
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
- Measure internal and surface temperatures with this combination probe and infrared thermometer.
- With a temperature range of -67 to 482 degrees Fahrenheit via the infrared thermometer or up to 626 degrees Fahrenheit with the probe, this thermometer features adjustable emissivity to read dark reflective surfaces like oil.
- Engage the hold setting to freeze the last displayed temperature on the screen.
- A 5-inch long stainless steel probe stem with step-down tip makes smaller punctures to retain juices and cleans easily, folding closed when not in use.
- Auto shut off ensures long life for the included 2 AAA batteries.
Features a temperature range of -67 to 482 degrees Fahrenheit via the infrared thermometer or up to 626 degrees Fahrenheit with the probe, this thermometer. 5″ long stainless probe. Auto shutoff. Uses easy to find AAA batteries.
Since the IR function on this is no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find mine particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
A quality IR thermometer will give you a close approximation of surface temperatures. Potential uses include: Contained yeast rehydration water, chilled wort or starter temperature, kegerator, fermenter or fermenation area and beer tasting samples.
More: Recent Amazon Finds