1 Tap Draft Jockey Box. Includes – Rubbermaid insulated cooler, 50′ x 3/8″ Stainless Steel Coil along with faucet, shank and beer line clamps. Use to serve your not-yet-cold keg of homebrew on the go. Fill the cooler with ice and hook up the keg. The 50′ coil acts as a heat exchange. You get cold beer from the tap.More Info
From the product description, check product page for current description, price and availability:
With the MoreBeer! Draft Jockey Box your beer will pour cold for hours! Take it camping, tailgating, or just pull it out when the gang is over.
Draft boxes (Jockey boxes) are portable dispensing systems used to cool beer as it travels inline from the keg to the faucet. The MoreBeer! Draft Jockey Box includes a Rubbermaid insulated cooler, a 50′ x 3/8″ stainless steel coil, faucet, shank and beer line clamps.
A favorite innovation in our draft box design is that we use larger 3/8″ OD stainless steel tubing, which has two advantages over designs offered by other companies:
1) It cools a greater volume of beer, and cools it faster. The coil will hold approximately 33 oz of beer at a time.
2) The larger diameter line offers less resistance, which lets you push the beer with less CO2 pressure. Our boxes require about 10-15 psi from the CO2 tank to push the beer from the keg to the faucet (same pressure you use to dispense at home). Because the vast majority of beer lovers opt to keep their beer cool at all times to protect flavor (especially a homebrewer who is going to retap the same kegs at home!) and reduce foaming issues, most people opt to also ice the keg. The low applied pressure of 10-15 psi means that if you leave the system hooked up overnight, the beer will not over carbonate. If you do not plan on keeping the keg cold, which is perfectly fine, our system still works great because you can disconnect the line (if left for days) to keep the beer from losing carbonation.
We do not use shanks on the back side of our boxes. We drill holes slightly smaller than the line size so that a tight seal is created but you can still pull the line in when not in use, without having a wrench on hand. This makes storage and transport extremely easy. You will appreciate not having lines flopping everywhere.
You will need to purchase the appropriate tap for your needs, be it commercial or homebrew quick disconnects. You will also need a CO2 system, comprised of a CO2 tank and regulator.
Tips For Best Results:
- It is much more likely for a beer left at a high psi to overcarbonate (become foamy) than a beer left at a low psi to lose carbonation. The reason is that gas will always keep coming from the regulator until the gas/beer pressure have reached an equilibrium, so over time the high psi setting becomes the pressure in the beer. However, for a beer to lose carbonation it has to come out of solution into the headspace in the keg. Because the headspace is limited, only so much CO2 can come out, and the keg pressure will not drop all the way down to the lower regulator pressure on its own. This is the reason that if you have overcarbonated a beer you have to repeatedly vent the keg, reducing the pressure in the headspace to 0, and allowing more gas to escape from the beer.
- For the best performance when using a draft box, tests have shown that ice water is actually the most effective at cooling the coils. So, as the ice melts, DO NOT OPEN THE VALVE ON THE COOLER. Draft boxes with Cooling Plates (stainless coil embedded in aluminum) are designed to work with the valve open, ours is not.
Product Description – Here – Use coupon code BEERDEAL to get this discount.
Availability: This is a More Beer Deal of the Day. Quantities are limited. Check the Deal of the Day section – Here – to see if this is still available.
Related Top Post: Portable Draft Serving Options
MoreDeals! at MoreBeer:
Note: MoreBeer’s cart accepts multiple coupon codes. get in on multiple deals on the same order and maximize free shipping.
- Hops! While you’re placing an order, check out MoreBeer’s Hop Market – rotating deep discounts on hops.
- MoreBeer’s Kit of the Week: Kit of the Week – 20% off
- Inline Secondary! MoreBeer is now carrying this at just $8.99
Pinned: Our 2018 Black Friday Roundup is Live!
More: Recent MoreBeer Finds