Pictured: Blichmann’s Brew Vision Thermometer
First, I want to say that this idea may not be original and certainly won’t get us to Mars. It’s a simple modification to an already existing thing. It may already exist and at least kind of already exists, see Blichmann’s Brew Vision above.
I floated this idea to a company a couple years ago and it didn’t go anywhere. I have an idea of another company that may be interested in taking this to fruition.
Idea: A reasonably priced 1/2″ NPT threaded digital thermometer for use in brew kettles.
- 1/2″ NPT is the standard size that homebrewers use.
- The probe should be made out of stainless steel.
- 2″ to 4″ probe length
- Ability to be calibrated or adjusted is important
- My preferred design would have the probe and body threaded into a thermowell that would stay installed in the vessel. That way thermometer could be removed while the vessel is being cleaned.
- The body of the thermometer would need to be heat resistant to some degree.
- A water resistant thermometer body would be preferred
What are your thoughts? Do you think there’s a market for this? Does it already exist? Any ideas for features or specifications? Use the comments section below and let us know.
Recent Great Deals [view more]:
- 1,056 Gallon Per Hour Submersible Pump – Lightning Deal! + Draft Line Clea…
- Waterproof Heating Mat [Fermentation] – $11.69, Best Price + Free Prime Sh…
- 1,800 Watt Induction Cooktop Burner – coming up on Lightning Deals –…
- Science Wiser pH Meter Kit – coming up on Lightning Deals
- Stainless Beer Gun Bottle Filler – $24.28 + Shipping
- 15.5 Gallon Converted Keggle with Welded Port – $123.99 w/$16 Off $100 Pro…
- Used 5 Gallon Corny Keg – $49.99 via MoreBeer + Free Ship Eligible