Non-contact Digital Laser IR Infrared Thermometer Temperature Gun. -50°C to +420°C /-58 °F to +788°F; Accuracy: ±1.5% or ±1.5℃. Backlit LCD screen.
Since this is no touch, you can check the temp of yeast washing and yeast rehydration water and your starter wort without the risk of infection. I find mine particularly useful for rehydrating yeast.
Infrared thermometers should not be considered a direct replacement for your standard thermometer. A quality IR thermometer will give you a close approximation of surface temperatures. Note that steam seems to throw off readings. Uses include: Contained yeast rehydration water, chilled wort or starter temperature, kegerator, fermenter or fermenation area and beer tasting samples. If you’re looking for a standard thermometer, consider these two Top Finds: CDN DTQ450X – ThermoWorks Thermapen
Update: Since this post was published the price, availability or promotion has changed. Check the product page for up to the minute description, price and availability. Also: Today’s Deals on Amazon
Recent Amazon Finds [view more]:
- Rubbermaid Commercial 72 Oz Pitcher- now $4.27, Best Price + Free Add On Shippin…
- 5 Pcs Stainless Mesh Homebrew Siphon Filter – $3.04 + Free Shipping
- 5 Pack Beer Faucet Plug/Brush – $8.99, $1.80 Each
- 110 lb Capacity Digital Scale with Remote Display – $21.99, Best Price
- 4 ft Fold In Half, Adjustable Height Folding [Brew Day Work Table] – $26.9…