The ChefAlarm from ThermoWorks (the folks behind the nearly universally lauded Thermapen) is a great Thermometer and Timer Combo for homebrewing. It tracks both highs and lows, has both high and low alarms and has a built in timer. It has an easy to read screen with backlight. Check out my Full Hands on Review for more info. I recommend the immersible Pro-Series Needle Probe or the longer 12″ (non-immersible) probes, both are available on the accessories tab.
As of this posting, ThermoWorks has marked down the ChefAlarm to $49. That’s a 16% savings. Pro Series probes are also marked down 20%. I recommend considering the Pro Series needle probe for homebrew applications. Check ThermoWorks for up to the minute price and availability.
Recent Great Deals [more]:
- 10 EZ Lok Brass Inserts (for DIY Tap Handles) – $4.90
- Set of Four Stainless Steel Measuring Spoons – $1.59
- 10 lb Storage Container [Grain] – $5 + Free Add On Shipping
- 7.1 Cu Ft Chest Freezer [Kegerator or Fermentation Temp Control] – $193.74…
- Bulk Keg Orings and Keg Repair Part Numbers